Test Series Students Notice Board | Prelims Test Series | INTERVIEW PREPARATION GUIDE | BOOKS FOR PRELIMS | First time user? Read posting RULES
Vajiram or Sriram? Both Updated Their Fees for 2014. - Coaching - UPSC 2013
Image Map
Attention ForumIAS members: Moto G 8 GB & 16 GB phones will be available via a special link with a flat discount of Rs. 2000 at midnight today. Check this link at midnight. Discount of Rs. 2000 will be valid only for a limited stock
New Feature Added: Now you do not need to refresh your page to view the latest comments in a discussion . Just stay on the page and the new comments shall be updated on the same page automatically in real time :)
Vajiram or Sriram? Both Updated Their Fees for 2014.
  • Hello Every one,
    I've decided to appear in UPSC 2014.

I want to join a coaching institute but I am in a dilemma on which one to choose? either Vajiram or Sriram?

Both institutes updated their fees which is around 1 Lakh. Vajiram Updated his website with current fees and I called Sriram and they told me the classes will start from 3rd June and Fees will be around 1.10 Lakh. Classes will end on next year in April for both.

Now, if we invest huge money then ROI should be better.

Kindly advise me which coaching I should go for.
    Regards

• :-O with this huge amount of money i think i have to sell my kidney to study there.... anybody interested.. ?? =))
  • get their notes.classes are mere dictations(repeats of handouts at sri) and time waste!!unless you have doubts which you will rarely have in GS if you have done NCERTs sincerely .Even if you have some get it clarified here.

i've been to both sri and vaji classes.
  • @Eric ....which classes did u find better vajiram or sri??
    You wouldn't like me when i'm angry Because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources. |Philosophy|

• sriram is more student friendly.he will give time to ask your doubts.geography is good,history ok,sc-tech -bad.current notes of sri are good.vaji notes are better for the traditional part.

for classes- sri,
    for notes- vaji
  • Eric said:

sriram is more student friendly.he will give time to ask your doubts.geography is good,history ok,sc-tech -bad.current notes of sri are good.vaji notes are better for the traditional part.

for classes- sri,
    for notes- vaji

and how are polity,economics,IR,environment etc in sri?

You wouldn't like me when i'm angry Because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources. |Philosophy|
  • @Eric ...and how are polity,economics,IR,environment etc in sri?
  • sri himself takes polity,eco,IR.they are good.
  • I was in MN today and inquired at a few places. Just like that! Most of the institutes have fees in the same bracket as V&R / Srirams. I could have posted more details, however, one can call them up for specific information. They are too happy to help!
  • ALS

2013 GS Mains; Rs 67000,classes from 25 June,180 days pgm
    2014 GS Mains,Rs 121500,classes from 4 Sep, till April 2014

Vision IAS

Only test series;17000 for GS Mains;9000 for optionals;25000 combined

Insight IAS Academy

2013 GS Mains;Rs 68500/-;4 months pgm from 10 June

Rau's , Inspiration , KSG :

No pgm for GS 2013

Sriram IAS

GS Mains 2013;Rs 35000/-;Only new portions;4 months pgm from 13 June
  • Oh finally Rau's made a curtain call from Civil Services :>
    Getting ready for my 5th attempt . ;)
  • Vibin said:

Oh finally Rau's made a curtain call from Civil Services :>

Rau's website says June batch - 95000.
  • I went to Sriram's last year, the October 2011 to April 2012 batch...

Subjects that Sriram sir himself takes are really good-polity(incl IR) n economy. He gives time for questions and will clear your doubts patiently

others-Geography sir was good, khadoos professor types but covered everything nicely

History was ok. You dont need coaching for history anyways. Just some things which he says are not imp at all. (like mahajanapadas). he is very funny in class, it helps somewhat in spicing up as i still remember some facts n events by of the anecdotes he made. helps in remembering. but then you can do that yourself as well.

S n T: okay sorts....you have read yourself n ask him if you dont understand anything. Even if he does not know, he will get back to you later.
    Biology-useless

CSAT-dont make the mistake of going there. They spent a month making us do numeracy...n see for yourself how many questions were asked last prelims from there.
    Into that heaven of freedom, my Father, let my country awake.
  • hi.... is there any october batch for vajiram ? and any details about fee structure for the same?
  • hi.... is there any october batch for vajiram ? and any details about fee structure for the same?

According to new syllabus, there is no any batch for October.
    you might need to check this link http://www.vajiramandravi.com/files/Prelim_Cum_Main_2014.pdf

you might need to check this link http://www.vajiramandravi.com/files/Prelim_Cum_Main_2014.pdf

i called vajiram and they said there will be an October batch with same specifications as that of june batch, fee Rs.96000/-, 38 weeks etc etc..

• A_R said:

hi.... is there any october batch for vajiram ? and any details about fee structure for the same?

i called vajiram and they said there will be an October batch with same specifications as that of june batch, fee Rs.96000/-, 38 weeks etc etc..

According their website link, their is no batch for October but you already confirmed so it may be possible.

• hello evryone,
    is there anyone having first hand experience with ALS??......or reviews of students preparing for CSE in delhi, about ALS institute??...plz help.
  • hello friends,have a little offbeat query to ask of you.
    what are the review for GS mains test series conducted by Vision Ias?
    is it worth it?
    A fellow has earlier mentioned that vision ias specializes in test series only and will cost 17000.
    thanks in advance
    Valar Morghulis
  • Today ,i went to rao and vaji for a normal survey,
    I had chat with few students of rao,
    They wanted me to join vaji instead of rao.
  • sahil123 said:

Today ,i went to rao and vaji for a normal survey,
    I had chat with few students of rao,
    They wanted me to join vaji instead of rao.

Try talking to few vaji students, let me know what they say. ( Join some other institute? )
Image Map

Preparing for 2014/ Interview? Read these

1. India After Gandhi - click here
2. Does the Elephant Dance? - click here
3. The Men Who Ruled India - click here
4. Sophie's World - click here
5. The Service Of The State - click here
6. English August - click here

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.
Just dont spread the word ;)

No Sign up required - Just sign in using your Google or facebook account

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

In this Discussion

MISSION IAS 2014

Philosophy Booklist

1. An Introduction to Indian Philosophy[link]
2. Critical Survey of Indian Philosophy[link]
3. Critical History of Western Philosophy by Y Masih[link]
4. The Story of Philosophy by Will Durant[link]
5. Social and Political Philosophy by O P Gauba[link]

3 Essential Books for Public Administration (Optional)

1. Laxmikant's Public Administration [link]
2. Prasad & Prasad Administrative Thinkers[link]
3. Mohit Bhattacharya [link]

Top Posters