Expected Cut Off For UPPCS 2013
  • Guys if you please brief me about the expected cutoff for uppcs pre 2013, it will be of much help, I am scoring 273 in total. What are my chances for clearing prelims in OBC category?
    FAILED pre2012, pre2013 "making too many mistakes, learning too little things..dying too little slowly, fighting too slow to win"
  • FAILED pre2012, pre2013 "making too many mistakes, learning too little things..dying too little slowly, fighting too slow to win"
  • @venom according to CL, it should be around 260-265..... i think you should be in.... cheers... :D
    Thanked by 1venom
  • @shazzz oh man!! u r the first man since morning....whom had made me to smile a bit :) rest i was so damn broken with my borderline performance...in both upsc and uppsc....that depression is continuously knocking at my door.... :(( . X_X .....u know still i am skeptical a bit ....ki last year....it was round 276...how come it will decline... :(
    FAILED pre2012, pre2013 "making too many mistakes, learning too little things..dying too little slowly, fighting too slow to win"

• Skipped a beat when I saw CL prediction of 260+. Then I saw the second "p" in the name of the exam. Silly me, Sorry to intrude. =))
  • @ArindamSarkar yeah! in morning at 5:30 i was having the same...with every wrong answer....

#:-S
  • @venom hehe....don't worry...this yr paper was a bit tougher......273 is a safe score... you do have a reason to smile... :)>-
  • Moreover exam being conducted on wednesday led to widespread absentees across all the centre,,mine was in Sitapur and my room had largest number of aspirants roughly about 50-55 %...
  • my school acquaintance/fb friend didnt join up pcs in 2012 and now she is an IPS 2013 with 282 rank....salute her guts and belief in herself.no small thing discarding up pcs post 8->
    You may be a king or a little street sweeper,but sooner or later you dance with the reaper!
  • @tushar175 yup same was the seen at my center too....in allahabad
  • @rav23cbzx really brilliant not many have such guts!!!...she deserves a round of applause =D>
  • now me again with the same vulnerable question .....what will be the expected cutoff yaar....after official answer keys my marks further deteriorated to 261 (don't know what is the problem after school i really sucks) :(( ......and what is the percentage mismatch from CL answer keys ( i don't have them) ...bcoz if they were predicting the cutoff then...now their level of similarity with official keys can eventually give an idea...
  • likely category wise cutoffs:
    General: 265-270
    OBC: 260-265
    SC: 240-245
    ST: 215-220
    Female: 245-250
  • venom said:

now me again with the same vulnerable question .....what will be the expected cutoff yaar....after official answer keys my marks further deteriorated to 261 (don't know what is the problem after school i really sucks) :(( ......and what is the percentage mismatch from CL answer keys ( i don't have them) ...bcoz if they were predicting the cutoff then...now their level of similarity with official keys can eventually give an idea...

My score reduced from 280 to 270, lets wait and watch, at least UP PSC declares pre result as per schedule (unlike Mains) :|

As for attendance, 6/40 in my room, next to it 2/40, in my cousin's room 11/40, Centre - Ghaziabad. Many serious candidates as well as others left exam this time because of random allotment of centres and that too just 10 days before the exam! Cut-off should go down i.m.h.o.
  • i am scoring 271 (123+148) in general category as per the official key of uppsc.....quite hopeful of getting through considering the absenteism and difficulty level of the exm......can anyone tel by when the result is expected to be declared??????
  • hoping there are no further changes in the scoring key of the commission!!!!!!!:-P
  • my score as per the uppsc solutions is 274. since this was my first attempt, i have no idea about cut off. can anybody plz tell me the possibility of getting selected..?
  • kab ayega result pre 2013 ka:( UPSC mains 2013 nhi nikla n eagerly waiting for UPPCS pre 2013 result..
    Any insider info
  • @ mission13 up pcs aspirants have forgotten UPPSC exams becoz of the delays.
    Concentrate on UPSC exams.
  • Prelim results out.
Image Map

Preparing for 2014/ Interview? Read these

1. India After Gandhi - click here
2. Does the Elephant Dance? - click here
3. The Men Who Ruled India - click here
4. Sophie's World - click here
5. The Service Of The State - click here
6. English August - click here

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.
Just dont spread the word ;)

No Sign up required - Just sign in using your Google or facebook account

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

In this Discussion

MISSION IAS 2014

Philosophy Booklist

1. An Introduction to Indian Philosophy[link]
2. Critical Survey of Indian Philosophy[link]
3. Critical History of Western Philosophy by Y Masih[link]
4. The Story of Philosophy by Will Durant[link]
5. Social and Political Philosophy by O P Gauba[link]

3 Essential Books for Public Administration (Optional)

1. Laxmikant's Public Administration [link]
2. Prasad & Prasad Administrative Thinkers[link]
3. Mohit Bhattacharya [link]

Top Posters