Attention: All ForumIAS Test Series Tests will close on August 24. Candidates are requested to attempt Tests before August 24, 5 PM. Tests will not be avilable after that.
ForumIAS.com will be expecting extensive load on August 24 & 25. We have enabled auto updation of comments in real time. Please do not refresh the page for seeing latest comments as it will be displayed automatically. This will ensure that server load is within limits and ForumIAS will be online and available to a wider audience.
DAF for CS-Mains 2013 Guidance/Queries/Discussion
  • rocketias said:

@karan_004 .. Sir I think you will have to contact UPSC only. As the field is prepopulated and grayed out I don't think anyone here can help you. You should contact UPSC

I just noticed thT IN MY PRE FORM i filled it correctly,How come here they are showing ?
  • We need to get all photocopies attested ?
    2013 - Indian Forest Service - AIR 60s
  • Can anybody confirm Whether it has to be "no" or Yes under the age column in the final DAF colum which is after DOB?
  • DrSheldon said:

We need to get all photocopies attested ?

dude your signature says u wrote mains in 2012 and I am pretty confused y u are getting this 1st timer doubt ?!?! :>
    anyway, self attestation is enough no need to do it from a gazetted officer..

and guys one more thing no matter any mistake u do while sending your DAF (for Example you forget to send your age proof certificate), upsc is so benevolent that they will not reject, i repeat NOT REJECT your application under any circumstances. They consider all those who has cleared prelims to be good enough to make it to final list so they make sure that u compete in mains no matter what.
    If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

• dude your signature says u wrote mains in 2012 and I am pretty confused y are u getting this 1st timer doubt ?!?! :>

and guys one more thing no matter any mistake u do while sending your DAF (for Example you forget to send your age proof certificate), upsc is so benevolent that they will not reject, i repeat NOT REJECT your application under any circumstances. They consider all those who has cleared prelims to be good enough to make it to final list so they make sure that u compete in mains no matter what.

Bhai,Can you tell how come it s coming that i have claimed age relaxation whereas in my Prelims form it clearly shows that i have selected ''No'

• rookie said:

DrSheldon said:

dude your signature says u wrote mains in 2012 and I am pretty confused y are u getting this 1st timer doubt ?!?! :>

I got my certificates attested last time. I need to send my IFoS DAF form by this week. I'm sure, this is not a 1st timer doubt since many of my friends who gave mains more than two times are getting attestation (That confused me).
  • karan_004 said:

Bhai,Can you tell how come it s coming that i have claimed age relaxation whereas in my Prelims form it clearly shows that i have selected ''No'

nothing will happen.. there will be some computer and system error.. If u have clear proof that in your prelims form u have NOT claimed age relaxation and in this mains form its automatically selected to AGE RELAXATION CLAIMED: YES, then don't worry. at the time of your interview while document verification they will correct their error...
    If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
  • @all
    how come there is a need for OBC Enclosure when creamy layer certificate is being submitted.
    Don't ever let someone tell you that you cant do something
  • Same Problem of Age relaxation coming as yes in DAF while not claimed in Prelims too..
    Looks like some problem with the software
  • DrSheldon said:

rookie said:

DrSheldon said:

dude your signature says u wrote mains in 2012 and I am pretty confused y are u getting this 1st timer doubt ?!?! :>

I got my certificates attested last time. I need to send my IFoS DAF form by this week. I'm sure, this is not a 1st timer doubt since many of my friends who gave mains more than two times are getting attestation (That confused me).

okay.. last time I did not attest my certificates from any gazetted officer but in the hope that I will be one myself shortly, I self attested it and even this time I am doing the same! :D
  • HI , PLEASE HELP ME , I HAVE FILLED MY FORM AND IN THE PRINT OUT COPY THE INFORMATION OF MY PREVIOUS ATTEMPTS IS NOT THERE REST EVERY THING IS FINE ....I REMEMBER FILLING FORM CORRECTLY AND EVEN IN PREVIEW IT CAME BUT NOT IN PRINT FORM ......IS ANY BODY ELSE FACING SAME THING?
  • Same Problem of Age relaxation coming as yes in DAF while not claimed in Prelims too..
    Looks like some problem with the software

where is this AGE RELAXATION field ?? my form doesn't have one ?! :-??
  • Age relaxation does not show in the module page.But shows up in the DAF preview.
    Like our name,DOB etc it is being taken from Prelims application.But it is showing incorrect in my case.
  • Age relaxation does not show in the module page.But shows up in the DAF preview.
    Like our name,DOB etc it is being taken from Prelims application.But it is showing incorrect in my case.

You might have checked that box during final submission. (4 boxes. Last one is age relaxation).
  • @prateeknsit
    @mango_dolly
    guys, i have a question..... i have a caste certificate from SDM from my home state and even home district....

can i self attest it ?
    if not than where and by whom should i self attest ?
    A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders to let him know that the world hadn't ended.
  • jye21 said:

@prateeknsit
    @mango_dolly
    guys, i have a question..... i have a caste certificate from SDM from my home state and even home district....

can i self attest it ?
    if not than where and by whom should i self attest ?

To be attested by gazetted officer. It there is mentioned that self-attestation is also needed, sign it yrself too.
    But m sure about gazetted officer.
  • @prateeknsit thanks bro...so i have to find a gazetted officer in delhi.......uf....and what about age certificate ? school leaving certificate will fine ? sorry to bother but this is my 1st time ...o_O
    A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders to let him know that the world hadn't ended.
  • Hey,
    Let's get clarity can any senior help traversing the below:

1) Which of the certificates are to be definitely signed by gazetted officer?

2) Which certificates only need self-attestation and is sufficient

3) I post my hard copy letter to UPSC office - Do they confirm on receiving my letter before 18th Sept (coz the DAF notification says the confirmation might come 2 weeks before exam)

4) (This is for a friend who has partial vision and applying to PH category) If his certificate is issued by Govt authority but the format doesn't match the one suggested - like no such certificates have - which duties one can fulfill etc - what should that person do?

Thanks,
    Dulali

CSE-2013 | Cracked :)
    It's the personality, we bring to the exam preparation, which differentiates us
Image Map

Preparing for 2014/ Interview? Read these

1. India After Gandhi - click here
2. Does the Elephant Dance? - click here
3. The Men Who Ruled India - click here
4. Sophie's World - click here
5. The Service Of The State - click here
6. English August - click here

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.
Just dont spread the word ;)

No Sign up required - Just sign in using your Google or facebook account

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

In this Discussion

MISSION IAS 2014

Philosophy Booklist

1. An Introduction to Indian Philosophy[link]
2. Critical Survey of Indian Philosophy[link]
3. Critical History of Western Philosophy by Y Masih[link]
4. The Story of Philosophy by Will Durant[link]
5. Social and Political Philosophy by O P Gauba[link]

3 Essential Books for Public Administration (Optional)

1. Laxmikant's Public Administration [link]
2. Prasad & Prasad Administrative Thinkers[link]
3. Mohit Bhattacharya [link]

Top Posters