Extra attempts and age relaxation in CS : Fight for it
  • CSE-2014 with Public Administration#(There was no other alternative)
  • @mjbil bhai , my eyes are soaring after reading Hindi . I wont complete this year if start to read . So translate it , please 8->
    2015-->6th attempt || Going for the final kill .. !!
  • mjbil said:

this years 8th ranker is hindi medium candidate...vandana
    You may be a king or a little street sweeper,but sooner or later you dance with the reaper!

• Whatever You can do, or dream you can, begin it..!! Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it.
  • However... Firstly we must see weather we hv to move dopt or upsc to court? As it has been held several times by Supreme Court that age relaxation is a matter of govt policy making n petition may be dismissed. If we move dopt or union of India then results may be fruitful.... Nyways I am in,,, coz I m desperate for another. Attempt.
    Whatever You can do, or dream you can, begin it..!! Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it.

• If you guys wish to file a PIL or bring some sort of class action in this regard, do let me know. I know a lot of good advocates (all NLU products) in Delhi and other places who will do your job at cheap and attractive rates. It will cost around 5-10 thousand per petition. If more people club in, charges will become lesser and lesser per person.

I am also a law graduate but as of now, I am not practising.

We are from www.fightupsc.com fighting for age/attempt relaxation in UPSC. We have successfully garnered parliamentarians support, but we are not sure how far we can go ahead with this strategy. So we are planning with legal strategy.

Could you please render your help in this case? If yes, then please write to us at fightupsc[at]gmail[dot]com.
  • Friends, I want to attract your attention towards one important issue. The prelims was applicable to both the IFS and CS. Most of the candidates applied for both, who are not serious aspirants of IFS and even who have academic background of science but preparing any humanities subject for CS. Results declared and cut off for IFS was obviously higher than CS prelims. If we randomly pick any no. from IFS result and search it in CS result we definitely find it there. People will prefer CS rather than IFS and so cut off for IFS mains will be very low. Here I cannot understand the rationale behind applying the prelims to IFS. If- they have to do so, they should have to conduct separate prelim for IFS. I am serious aspirant of IFS. But could not cleared the prelims for both. Now waiting for my last attempt next year. If UPSC permits age & attempt relaxation then it should be for IFS also.
    What U think? :-/
  • Aah! Surprised to know that this is also happening!
    If UPSC allows extra attempts and age relaxation, I would be benefited; but in my view this is not good. Rather I would advocate for reduction in age limit gradually and 4-5 years down the line UPSC starts conducting this exam at intermediate level.

30 years is quite a large limit. After graduation, its the time to do something productive and add value for India rather than being unproductive for 2-4 years and prepare for an exam !

Let UPSC conduct this exam at intermediate level and enroll the successful candidates in a course specially designed for administrative jobs. Make those students expert of some areas, and after 4-5 years of study place them in suitable departments as IAS/IPS/IRS etc. Remember this is the age of competition, generalist way of administration would not be fruitful. At the age of 16-18 years, it is easier to put the dose of ethics, accountability, broader views rather than at the age of 30 years.

Also, there will be good utilization of human capital. People will have to make a choice among engineering, medical, law, administration etc. All domain can have systematic utilization of resources. People will not give the example that a doctor from AIIMS has wasted huge amount of money and opportunity cost when he/ she joins IAS.

Nevertheless, I wish all the best to my friends who are working hard for extra attempt. Good luck.
  • @ Chetanbhagat

you, in fact have raised a very valid point. Even, I failed to understand the reasoning behind holding a common preliminary examination for forest and CSM. Instead of filtering out non-serious candidates, this system has led to elimination of serious candidates. Out of 1000 candidates they have shortlisted I highly doubt that even 30-40 candidates would be serious. I have met around 50 candidates till now and haven't met even a single who has both the optionals prepared. As per my friends in Rajendra Nagar, around 200-300 candidates are sitting just for the sake of writing GS paper. They won't be even writing optionals papers.

Plus, paperwise cutoff of 30% by UPSC. I don't think they will be able to select 250 candidates for interview.
    I think you should create a separate thread for this and encourage people to file a petition for separation of forest prelims from mains.
  • No new update in this blog? :(
  • https://www.facebook.com/groups/228381557317607/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/610298865657701/

http://www.fightupsc.com/

We have been working on it since march...We got appointment with DoPT minister V. Narayanasamy and he gave positve assurances to look into matter in coming winter session.
    another good news is we are going to meet Congress VP on 29th November 9am... 12 Tughlaq Lane, Race Course Metro Station Gate no-2...We got call from PS of Rahul Gandhi two days back... You all in delhi are welcome at 9am, racecourse metro station gate-2.

Precedence of 1979, 1990,1992 are in our favour...
    CSE-2014 with Public Administration#(There was no other alternative)
    Thanked by 1Anonymous
  • mjbil said:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/228381557317607/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/610298865657701/

http://www.fightupsc.com/

We have been working on it since march...We got appointment with DoPT minister V. Narayanasamy and he gave positve assurances to look into matter in coming winter session.
    another good news is we are going to meet Congress VP on 29th November 9am... 12 Tughlaq Lane, Race Course Metro Station Gate no-2...We got call from PS of Rahul Gandhi two days back... You all in delhi are welcome at 9am, racecourse metro station gate-2.

Precedence of 1979, 1990,1992 are in our favour...

Doing gud work buddy go ahead, I am sure some outcome will be there n plz provide regular updates.
  • For people who are unaware with the adverse impacts of changes in the schemes of exams of UPSC!!! I would like to point out errors of judgements by UPSC through facts...
    IFoS-2013 after introduction of PT this year and merging it with CSE-PT, quality of IFoS recruits is getting diluted...why??? let me put some facts: Out of 1061 people qualified for mains only 500 people had written mains this year, why those 500+ were absent in mains exam? because those people are no serious aspirants of IFoS, they got selected due to common PT thing only...so these people wasted chances of genuine IFoS candidates and reduced competition in mains.... In first year itself common PT is doing injustice MoEF, because quality of IFoS will be diluted.... DoPT, MoEF and UPSC must take notice of these err decisions...We are working on it....
    CSE-2014 with Public Administration#(There was no other alternative)
  • mjbil said:

For people who are unaware with the adverse impacts of changes in the schemes of exams of UPSC!!! I would like to point out errors of judgements by UPSC through facts...
    IFoS-2013 after introduction of PT this year and merging it with CSE-PT, quality of IFoS recruits is getting diluted...why??? let me put some facts: Out of 1061 people qualified for mains only 500 people had written mains this year, why those 500+ were absent in mains exam? because those people are no serious aspirants of IFoS, they got selected due to common PT thing only...so these people wasted chances of genuine IFoS candidates and reduced competition in mains.... In first year itself common PT is doing injustice MoEF, because quality of IFoS will be diluted.... DoPT, MoEF and UPSC must take notice of these err decisions...We are working on it....

completely agree with this is bro! many have just written only the GS of IFoS and bunking the rest this year.. Absolutely no competition in IFoS this time. a very bad move by upsc by merging CSE and IFoS prelims.
    3rd consecutive mains! :(
    Thanked by 1ArindamSarkar
  • Any1 wants to fix an appointment with Mr. Kejriwal for this issue? Do you guys think it will help? (I am a AAP vol.)
This discussion has been closed.
All Topics
Image Map

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.
Just dont spread the word ;)

No Sign up required - Just sign in using your Google or facebook account

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

3 Essential Books for Public Administration (Optional)

1. Laxmikant's Public Administration [link]
2. Prasad & Prasad Administrative Thinkers[link]
3. Mohit Bhattacharya [link]

Top Posters