UPSC Mains 2013 Cut Off Prediction
  • Dear Bros/Sisses

To keep in touch and maintain a tempo.of this forum...lets begin with Mains 2013 cut off discussion....
  • @dp81

Sarkar ye kuch zyada jaldi hi nahi hua ... Thode aaram karne do. Type karne layak bhi nahi choda UPSC mere dahine haath ko :P
    Mankind was corrupt from the time of Adam & eve, why complain now :)
  • @dp81
    bhai meri ungaliyan mariyal ho gyi h....garam paani se senkna pad raha h.. :P
    aapka kya haal h

• mera to sar bhi...behaal hai...bhai...
  • dp81 said:

Dear Bros/Sisses

To keep in touch and maintain a tempo.of this forum...lets begin with Mains 2013 cut off discussion....

bhai we will definitely start a cut off discussion... but let us 1st make sure everything is all set for tomorrow...

here I am not remembering how does the design go by for a few letters of kannada alphabet even!! @-)
    3rd consecutive mains! :(
  • If you could predict my marks and general category cut off bhai you will called @dp81 the great!
    Ifos 2013- Interview || CSM 2013- Geography
  • rookie said:

dp81 said:

Dear Bros/Sisses

bhai we will definitely start a cut off discussion... but let us 1st make sure everything is all set for tomorrow...

here I am not remembering how does the design go by for a few letters of kannada alphabet even!! @-)

bro i started because someone else may start mians pepar discussion....
  • If you could predict my marks and general category cut off bhai you will called @dp81 the great!

^:)^ ^:)^ Hail thunderstorm and storm surges.... :P
  • @dp81 Arey yaar abhi abhi to khushi ke do pal mile hain. Kyun unhe barbaad karna chahte ho??
    A small man can cast a very large shadow
  • I think from overall responses in the forum it will 35-36% of 1750....
  • mein to filhaal ek gym kholne wala hu exclusively for exam takers like State PSCs and UPSC,

Aaj pata chala the real worth of the preaching, The chain is the strongest as its weakest link - John Rawls or Chanakya etc.

Isliye, I am going to open a Finger Strengthening regime, initially it will be 20gm suspended balls from the fingers and later we would move on to kilograms.

Motive - to build a strong foundation to face any sort of paper - 6000-10000 Words also in 3 hrs, endurance and resilience to face such torrid task and be ready with a strong level head and also to be able to manage the duress during exam better.

Early investors are welcome - very nascent industry with huge potential. can tap into the suburb markets of Mumbai, Delhi etc. as well. Early bird advantage for sure.

Chalo - any early birds to Join the Gym - acche gifts bhi denge :P
    Mankind was corrupt from the time of Adam & eve, why complain now :)
  • Pichle varsha, samanya varga ke chaatron ke liye nimnaank 700 the, jo ki mere hisaab se nibandh- 60, saamanya adhyayan - 200/600 aur vaikalpik vishay me 440/1200 laane wale kisi bhi chaatra k liye upyukta the.

Chunki is varsha, paristhitiyan badal gayi hain, so, mere hisaab se, samanya adhyayan me 250/1000, nibandh me 70 aur vaikalpik vishaya me 180-190/500, mukhya pariksha paas karne ke liye upyukta hone chahiye. Kul mila kar hue kareeb 550/1750.

Ye to matra ek anumaan hai.. baaki to upsc hi hanumaan hai =))

PS: Dedicated to the language paper :)
    Thanked by 1dp81
  • @Oceanus

appropriate comment at appropriate time ( Language Paper ) ;)
  • Good luck
    Yunan-o-Misr-o-Roma Sab Mit Gaye Jahan Se
    Ab Tak Magar Hai Baki Naam-o-Nishan Hamara
    Kuchh Baat Hai Ke Hasti Mit’ti Nahin Hamari
    Sadiyon Raha Hai Dushman Daur-e-Zaman Hamara...jai hind
    Thanked by 1dp81
  • 100 in each of GS papers + 250 (optional) + 100 (essay) = 750 would be top of the ladder marks. Assuming a range of about 150-200, 550 to 600 should be the cutoff. Obviously, just a guess after all.
    I don't like to reply to idiots and if you think I am referring to you, you are probably correct.
  • OK here we go!
    The below given is my draft estimate of marks which I may score in the mains examination 2013!!

Classification of difficulty level of all exams as far as I am concerned!
    Easy - Essay, GS 2, GS 4, Pub Ad 2
    Moderate - GS 3, English, Kannada
    Tough - GS 1, Pub Ad 1

Optimistic assumption:
    Essay - 135
    GS 1 - 85
    GS 2 - 147
    GS 3 - 110
    GS 4 - 133
    Pub Ad 1 - 102
    Pub Ad 2 - 132

Total - 844/1750

Pessimistic Assumption - 744/1750

In the last mains I had assumed my marks to be 790/2000 but eventually got 680 which was 20 marks short of cut off and 110 marks of difference! I think this time it would not be the case as last time I had no idea how upsc would evaluate my answers written but this time I have little bit more info making the estimation little bit more accurate!! I had speculated the cut off of the 2013 mains even before it started as 42% which is 735/1750 and I still stick to it. However my 3 times mains experienced friends had predicted that in 2012 the cut off would be around 730 and it was quite surprisingly lower than that - 700. This time they are saying it will be around and 620 - 650 / 1750 and I can't agree with them as I think it will be much higher!
    All I can say at the moment is I gave my best and more importantly I am satisfied with my overall performance! :)>- :D
    Thanked by 1dp81
  • @rookie Your pessimistic assumption would land you somewhere in Top 50 I feel. Optimistic would land you anywhere above rank 2, can't narrow it down any further. But yes, you are severely overestimating the cutoffs and perhaps, even your marks - something which remains to be seen. Anyway all the best.
    I don't like to reply to idiots and if you think I am referring to you, you are probably correct.
  • @rookie

good bro....i hope u will secure a good rank.... \m/
    Thanked by 1rookie
  • woman said:

@rookie Your pessimistic assumption would land you somewhere in Top 50 I feel. Optimistic would land you anywhere above rank 2, can't narrow it down any further. But yes, you are severely overestimating the cutoffs and perhaps, even your marks - something which remains to be seen. Anyway all the best.

Thanks! \m/ :))
  • @rookie bhai..cut off zyada predict kar di tumne. Cut off is person wd lwest marks to get interrview call. I feel u may have predicted cut off higher.
    My reasons for lower cut offs are :-
    1. Individual cut offs wd be there in all papers.
    2. English and Hindi language papers were dificult considering the overall public opinion.
    3. We dont know what new criteria UPSC may employ in marking scheme.
    4. And yes, All the best... wd 744 marks u can become UPSC topper.. :D :)
This discussion has been closed.
All Topics
Image Map

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.
Just dont spread the word ;)

No Sign up required - Just sign in using your Google or facebook account

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

3 Essential Books for Public Administration (Optional)

1. Laxmikant's Public Administration [link]
2. Prasad & Prasad Administrative Thinkers[link]
3. Mohit Bhattacharya [link]

Top Posters