Test Series Students Notice Board | Prelims Test Series | INTERVIEW PREPARATION GUIDE | BOOKS FOR PRELIMS | First time user? Read posting RULES
Best coaching for GS - Vajiram or Sriram? - Miscellaneous - UPSC 2013
Image Map
Attention ForumIAS members: Moto G 8 GB & 16 GB phones will be available via a special link with a flat discount of Rs. 2000 at midnight today. Check this link at midnight. Discount of Rs. 2000 will be valid only for a limited stock
New Feature Added: Now you do not need to refresh your page to view the latest comments in a discussion . Just stay on the page and the new comments shall be updated on the same page automatically in real time :)
Best coaching for GS - Vajiram or Sriram?
  • I will be graduating soon so I am going to come to Delhi for coaching...My mind was on Vajiram but recently I have read few posts here claiming Sriram may be better with respect to the dynamic part of GS while Vajiram is better in the static part Please tell which one should I join or any other... Also please tell when do the batches start and when is the best time of the year( may june or October) to come for coaching...?
    PS:In my last few posts nobody replied so this time Please reply leave any suggestions, recommendations about anything related to UPSC , it will be much appreciated as you all faced it so many times...
  • same question from my side. plz answer this question. im also completing my engineering this year.
    thanks in advance :D
  • vajiram is comparatively better
  • @rajiv_kumar2 @dark_knight The questions you have raised have already been discussed in a previous thread. Please go through them and let us know if you still have some queries.

http://forumias.com/discussion/comment/7392#Comment_7392

• @fallen_leaves sir thanks for pointing in the right direction. i still have some questions,
    1.we are waiting for the changed pattern from the upsc and if pattern change there will be more static portion in the mains if optional's are omitted from the mains in that case vajiram would be a better choice or still sri ram.
    2. as Rajiv_Kumar2 bro asked "when do the batches start and when is the best time of the year( may june or October) to come for coaching...?"
    3. if somebody can tell about the approx cost of accommodation and food per month it will appreciated as it will help in planing.
    thanks for the help.
  • @dark_knight Firstly no Sir and all :) Now getting to your questions.

1. That would a very hypothetical question, and we wont know till the notification is out. In any case, Sriram covers both the static as well as the dynamic portion in a pretty decent manner. With all these changes that are happening, coaching institutes can just give you basic guidance and I believe Sriram does that well. I have no first-hand experience with Vajiram, so I cant compare. But all in all, I am satisfied with Srirams.

2. Batches start both in June and October and which batch to join is a matter of personal choice. Traditionally, people used to join classes for optionals in June, which would be for around 3 months or so and thereafter join classes for GS in October. However things are changing now and the whole concept of optionals may get eliminiated. So! Moreover, there is no A+B+C formula that can be termed as 'best practices' So its all about whatever works best for you.

3. I actually drive down and thus cant really comment on accomodation and food. However, from what people say, you can get a room from around 6-7k/month upwards and food would be around 2-3k, depending upon your choices. You know, someone did discuss about rentals, fooding etc in one of the threads. I couldnt find it. So why dont you dig it up. Ill pass the link if I find it before you. Lol.

Hope that solves your queries!
  • @fallen_leaves Thank u so much. I can not express how grateful i am, im a new user here and this forum has helped me more in last 5-6 days of activity compare to my entire real world help. this forum is really helpful for people like me who dont have anyone around to guide them. ok i will try to dig that thread u r referring and if found i will post the link here so that others people like me can also benefit from that.
    thank you so much :D

p.s. if any other question pop will ask here plz Bear with me >:D<
  • im guessing that you were referring to this thread titled "room in delhi"
    here is the link guys
    https://forumias.com/discussion/comment/8096#Comment_8096

• @dark_knight You're welcome :) And yes, thats the thread I was talking about.
  • Thanks @Raj_IPS & fallen_leaves for valuable suggestions I will be going through the thread which you sent...
  • Hi All,
    I am very much confused about joining coaching institute.
    Earlier i had zeroed in Vajiram , but now i am little suspicious about it, as i am hearing mixed reviews .
    I have heard quite good reviews about Sriram's IAS but i am not too sure if there is any batch starting in september or october 2013.

Please if any1 can help me get rid of this confusion.
    Vajiram/ Sriram/ALS , which is best among the 3 and why ?

Thanks in advance :)
    Newbie / Mission 2015 / Geography Optional
  • please this very important post please tell which is good between them sri ram vs vaji ram
  • Vajiram is a better option in my opinion . They are more professional and emphasize more on basics along with good faculty for every part of g.s . I tool coaching from sriram for old g.s syllabus and joined the mains updated course at vajiram .
  • ye paid post to ni hai ? :\">
  • Hahah no my friend .. I was just trying to give my personal opinion , i have got no hidden motives behind this post .
  • guys can anyone plz tell -when june batch of vajiram concluded?
Image Map

Preparing for 2014/ Interview? Read these

1. India After Gandhi - click here
2. Does the Elephant Dance? - click here
3. The Men Who Ruled India - click here
4. Sophie's World - click here
5. The Service Of The State - click here
6. English August - click here

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.
Just dont spread the word ;)

No Sign up required - Just sign in using your Google or facebook account

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

In this Discussion

MISSION IAS 2014

Philosophy Booklist

1. An Introduction to Indian Philosophy[link]
2. Critical Survey of Indian Philosophy[link]
3. Critical History of Western Philosophy by Y Masih[link]
4. The Story of Philosophy by Will Durant[link]
5. Social and Political Philosophy by O P Gauba[link]

3 Essential Books for Public Administration (Optional)

1. Laxmikant's Public Administration [link]
2. Prasad & Prasad Administrative Thinkers[link]
3. Mohit Bhattacharya [link]

Top Posters