Regarding filling of online application for CSP 2013
  • Thamzy said:

Hi @partho @vijay_45

I have sent the query to UPSC this evening. however, when I checked my application status the details of my application is visible.

then your application is submitted successfully.
    and i have send the query yesterday , haven't received any message yet.

They talk about grievance redressal but there are no Implications and certainly no Implementation.
  • sanki said:

Thamzy said:

Hi @partho @vijay_45

I have sent the query to UPSC this evening. however, when I checked my application status the details of my application is visible.

then your application is submitted successfully.
    and i have send the query yesterday , haven't received any message yet.

They talk about grievance redressal but there are no Implications and certainly no Implementation.

Exactly, no system at all for redressal of grievances.

I wonder what would they ask in Ethics paper of GS!!!!!
  • Thank you Guys.
  • @vijay_45 @sanki We can mail to this email id. I will compose a mail in few minutes. You guys may also give it a try.
    [email protected]

• this was the sign that i uploaded.

@vijay_45 @alexiaaicha @sina @Partho @abhinrao24 @Madico7 sir is the sign ok? or should i fill another form!! :-SS :-SS

Looks clean, but looks blue. Isn't is supposed to be in black? Having a problem with signature too - its way too long - coming all tiny in the box required.

• no body picking the phone in UPSC office.. 8-X
  • just talked to someone available on facilitation number. (01123381125)

Me: Sir Sunday ko online form bhara tha, acknowledgement mail nahi aaya. (I filled up the form on Sunday, did not receive acknowledgement mail).
    P1: Haan, Sunday ka mail kisi ko nahi gaya hai. Koi baat nahi hai.. 'contact us' mein query daal do (yes, people did not receive mail for Sunday's applications. Don't worry just write a query on 'Contact us')
    Me: Sir, query daal diya hoon. (already sent the query).
    P1: Theek hai jawab ka intizaar kijiye. (Ok, wait for reply)
    Me: Sir koi error to nahi hona chahiye na? Baki sab successfully ho gaya tha (everything was successful other than acknowledgement mail, should there be any error in application?)
    P1: Nahi nahi, aisa kuchh nahi hai..Print out le liye ho na...Koi problem nahi hai. (No , nothing to worry. Take print out)
    Me: Haan sir, le liya hoon...Thank you sir.
    P1: Thank You.
    Thanked by 2Partho sanki
  • in d instructions itz written to upload photo wid 140 x 110 pixel height n width n 4 sign 110 x 140 height n width...but in d site itz written just 140 x 110 pixels regarding dimensions..nothing specific... confused wat 2 do...plz suggest...

[Moderator Note : Respect Punctuation.]

In the instructions it is written to upload photo with 140 x 110 pixel height and width and for sign 110 x 140 height and width, but in the site it is written just 140 x 110 pixels regarding dimensions - nothing specific. Confused what to do? Please suggest.
  • @sd15

Photo 110 width x 140 height and signature 140width x 110 height.

signature can be changed slightly too. 140 w X 80 h or 90 or 70 or 100 . but width must remain same. .
    but make them perfect so no chance of any rejection
  • Thanks for the response.
  • LOL! This is the reply I got from UPSC ([email protected])

no need to worry yr application has been registered and yr centre is Mumbai

--
    Administrator DAF & e-AdmitCard
    Union Public Service Commission
    Dholpur House, Shahjahan Road
    New Delhi-110069

----
    I wonder who is sitting behind the computer! An official body is supposed to give a reply which should at least look official in its tone.

>:P
  • Partho said:

LOL! This is the reply I got from UPSC ([email protected])

no need to worry yr application has been registered and yr centre is Mumbai

--
    Administrator DAF & e-AdmitCard
    Union Public Service Commission
    Dholpur House, Shahjahan Road
    New Delhi-110069

----
    I wonder who is sitting behind the computer! An official body is supposed to give a reply which should at least look official in its tone.

>:P

Yaar Partho, nothing wrong in this....Just imagine their situation of handling many emails and queries everyday! Even in corporate culture, it is always recommended to write short emails focused on the necessary information only.
  • @vijay_45 Thats right. My reply (overloaded with work) to the query that I had sent would be:

Application Status: Accepted.
    Center: Mumbai

Anyways, only the wearer knows where the shoe pinches! :O
  • Partho said:

@vijay_45 Thats right. My reply (overloaded with work) to the query that I had sent would be:

Application Status: Accepted.
    Center: Mumbai

Anyways, only the wearer knows where the shoe pinches! :O

I also got the reply from UPSC --It reads
    no need to worry. Yr application has been registered at upsc. yr centre opted is ***** and you have applied for both CSP and IFS....

I did not provide my DOB in the email, just to ensure that the person does not use 'view/print application' tab of upsconline.nic.in. (which we can also use). It seems the person is using collecting these details from their internal server of records.
    Thanked by 2Partho sanki
  • @Anurag_Sinha In online form commerce will be come in others??????? because no seperate coloum is there..
  • A note on journal number:

Friend of mine entered the journal number including the leading zeros. Instruction manual asked to drop any preceding zeros and enter the last 7-8 digits beyond the zeros. Application was still accepted and email confirmation was sent.

Called the UPSC helpline 011-2338-5271 to clarify. The guy said, "Le liya hai? Confirmation aa gaya hai na? To phir thik hai..." (Has the system accepted? Got the confirmation? Then its alright.)

But, guys, do not take the chance. Read the instruction manual carefully. Lots of pitfalls.
  • @Madico7 What is a journal number? :O
  • Partho said:

@Madico7 What is a journal number? :O

The number that the bank writes on your cash payment voucher. It's also called the "transaction id." Usually begins with a series of alphabets or just with zeros. We are supposed to enter the part beyond the leading zeros:

"If paying by cash, fresh window opens wherein TRANSACTION Id given by the State Bank of India and Date of Transaction is to be filled in. The
    TRANSACTION Id given by the BANK is to be a SEVEN OR EIGHT DIGIT NUMERIC CHARACTER, which is to be filled in the Transaction-Id field.
    · Considering the All India spread of the SBI there is a possibility of writing of Transaction ID on the Pay-in-slip by the bank staff variously as TId - 0012121212
    OR J - 0012121212 OR 0012121212 etc. if in eight digits OR AS TId - 001212121 OR J - 001212121 OR 001212121 etc if in seven digits. CANDIDATES
    ARE REQUESTED TO FILL IN ONLY THE LAST 7 OR 8 DIGITS AS THE CASE MAY BE, DROPPING OUT ANY ALPHABET, SPECIAL
    CHARACTER OR PREFIXED ZEROES. In above two cases fill in Transaction Id as 12121212 OR 1212121.
    · After filling in Transaction Id and Date of Transaction Click CONTINUE. A fresh page opens indicating payment details filled in. After verification Click
    SUBMIT. Fresh page opens intimating submission of payment details and prompting to PROCEED to complete uploading of Photo and Signature."

Thanked by 1Partho
  • @Madico7 ok! I paid online. :D
  • Partho said:

@Madico7 ok! I paid online. :D

:D I tried - failed cz my "debit card was not setup for direct online payment." Charged a reversal fee of 100/- :( So decided on time tested method. :P

Image Map

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.
Just dont spread the word ;)

No Sign up required - Just sign in using your Google or facebook account

Login with Facebook

In this Discussion

3 Essential Books for Public Administration (Optional)

1. Laxmikant's Public Administration [link]
2. Prasad & Prasad Administrative Thinkers[link]
3. Mohit Bhattacharya [link]

Top Posters