Daily MCQs: May 22
0 of 5 questions completed
Welcome to Prelims Marathon 2017. Start attempting the Daily Quiz. This free program would be focused on UPSC Prelims 2017.
All the Best!
For UPSC Mains Preparation, we have Mains Marathon 2017 Initiative 🙂
You have already completed the test before. Hence you can not start it again.
Test is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 5 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 scores, (0)
Thanks for attempting the Quiz.
Question 1 of 5
1. Question1 pointsCategory: Current Affairs
With reference to the Constitution of India, consider the following statements:-
1.) Article 292 of the constitution limits the ability of state governments to borrow.
2.) State governments under no condition can borrow directly from multilateral and bilateral financial institutions.
Which of the above statement(s) is/are correct?Correct
Question 2 of 5
2. Question1 pointsCategory: Current Affairs
Which of the following statements regarding Integrated Power Development Scheme (IPDS) is correct?
1) The sole focus of the scheme is development of power generation capacity of power plants with specific attention to renewable energy.
2) All discoms including private discoms and state power departments are eligible to get financial assistance under it.
3) Power Finance Corporation is the nodal agency for this scheme
Answer using the codes below:Correct
Question 3 of 5
3. Question1 pointsCategory: Current Affairs
Which of the following deals with the prohibition and regulation of transfer of conventional arms and dual-use goods and technologies?Correct
Question 4 of 5
4. Question1 pointsCategory: Current Affairs
‘Operation Thunderbird’ has recently been in news. Which of following statements are correct about it?Correct
Question 5 of 5
5. Question1 pointsCategory: Current Affairs
The Supreme Court has banned the sale and registration of Bharat Stage (BS)-III emission norm-compliant vehicles from April 1, 2017. With reference to this, which of the following statements are correct?
1) All vehicle registering authorities under Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 are prohibited from registering such vehicles on and from April 1, 2017 that do not meet BS-IV emission standards.
2) Requirement related to Sulphur content was relaxed in BS IV standards compared to BS III standards.
3) Higher the Bharat stage, more stringent the norms.
Select the correct options using the codes given below:Correct