Daily Quiz: March 1
0 of 5 questions completed
Welcome to Prelims Marathon 2017. Start attempting the Daily Quiz. This free program would be focused on UPSC Prelims 2017.
All the Best!
For UPSC Mains Preparation, we have Mains Marathon 2017 Initiative 🙂
You have already completed the test before. Hence you can not start it again.
Test is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 5 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 scores, (0)
- Polity 0%
Thanks for attempting the Quiz.
Question 1 of 5
1. Question1 pointsCategory: Polity
Please consider the following statements:-
- In determining the constitutionality of any law, if a court finds that the law in questionseeks to give effect to a Directive Principle of state policy, it may still consider such law to be unreasonable.
- Directive Principles resemble the ‘Instrument of Instructions’ enumerated in theGovernment of India Act of 1935.
Which of the above statement(s) is/are not correct, answer using the codes below:-Correct
Question 2 of 5
2. Question1 pointsCategory: Polity
Gandhian Principles of Directive Principles of state policies includes:-Correct
Question 3 of 5
3. Question1 pointsCategory: Polity
It is mentioned in the Indian polity that Directive Principles and the fundamental duties are non-justiciable, the term Non-justiciable implies:-
- Constitution does not provide for their direct enforcement by the courts.
- There isnot legal sanction against their violation
- Parliament is free to enforce them bysuitable legislation.
Which of the above statement(s) is/are correct, answer using the codes below:-Correct
Question 4 of 5
4. Question1 pointsCategory: Polity
Fundamental duties include:-Correct
Question 5 of 5
5. Question1 pointsCategory: Polity
With regard to constitutional amendment bills, consider the following statements:-
- Bill can only be introduced by a minister
- If there is a disagreement over bill between Loksabh and Rajyasabha, there is a provision for holding a joint sitting.
- If president is not satisfied with the bill he has the power to return the bill for reconsideration ofthe Parliament
Select the correct statement(s) using the codes below:-Correct