Note: These questions has been asked from previous year prelims question papers
Daily Quiz: March 4
0 of 6 questions completed
Welcome to Prelims Marathon 2017. Start attempting the Daily Quiz. This free program would be focused on UPSC Prelims 2017.
All the Best!
For UPSC Mains Preparation, we have Mains Marathon 2017 Initiative 🙂
Note: These questions has been asked from previous year prelims question papers.
You have already completed the test before. Hence you can not start it again.
Test is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 6 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 scores, (0)
- Environment 0%
Thanks for attempting the Quiz.
Question 1 of 6
1. Question1 pointsCategory: Environment
If a tropical rain forest isremoved, it does not regenerate quicklyas compared to a tropical deciduous
forest. This is because:-Correct
Question 2 of 6
2. Question1 pointsCategory: Environment
When the bark of a tree isremoved in a circular fashion all aroundnear its base, it generally dries up anddies because:-Correct
Question 3 of 6
3. Question1 pointsCategory: Environment
Consider the following animals:
1. Sea cow
2. Sea horse
3. Sea lion
Which of the above is/aremammal/mammals?Correct
Question 4 of 6
4. Question1 pointsCategory: Environment
Contour bunding is a method ofsoil conservation used inCorrect
Question 5 of 6
5. Question1 pointsCategory: Environment
With reference to food chains inecosystems, consider the followingstatements:
1. A food chain illustrates the order inwhich a chain of organisms feedupon each other.
2. Food chains are found within thepopulations of a species.
3. A food chain illustrates the numbersof each organism which are eaten byothers.
Which of the statements given above is /are correct?Correct
Question 6 of 6
6. Question1 pointsCategory: Environment
Lichens, which are capable of initiating ecological succession even on a bare rock, are actually a symbiotic association ofCorrect