|Bills, Programs, Policies, Schemes, Orders, Judgments
|Report of Committee on Taxation of E-Commerce
- Committee was Chaired by Mr. Akhilesh Ranjan.
- It was established under Ministry of Finance.
1) MNCs are in advantage position than domestic companies.
2) MNCs have more tax exemption than domestic companies, therefore domestic companies are unable to compete with them.
|Model Building Bye-Laws, 2016
- It has been Released by Ministry of Urban Development.
- These laws provide standards to regulate the architectural and construction specifications of a building (such as area, height, etc.).
- These standards serve to protect buildings against any hazards (fire, earthquakes, structural failures, etc.).
- The model bye-laws will act as guidelines for state and city governments that do not have their own buildings bye-laws.
- The last model bye-laws were released in 2004.
|Bureau of Indian Standards Bill, 2015
- Passed by Parliament to replace the Bureau of Indian Standards Act, 1986.
- The Act established a Bureau for the purpose of standardization, marking and certification of articles and processes.
- The Bill broadens this ambit to include goods, services, and systems, and provide for the mandatory hallmarking of precious metal articles.
|National Waterways Bill, 2015
- It has been passed by Parliament.
- Currently there are five inland waterways that are declared as national waterways under five different National Waterways Acts.
- This Bill repealed these five Acts, and brought these national waterways under its purview.
- The Bill identifies 101 additional waterways as national waterways.
- The Constitution enables the central government to make laws on shipping on inland waterways that are classified as national waterways.
(Amendment) Bill, 2016
- Bill to amend a 91-year-old law to exclude Sehajdharis from voting in the elections to Sikh religious bodies
- Was passed by the Lok Sabha more than a month after Rajya Sabha approved it.
|Carriage by Air (Amendment) Bill, 2015
- It has been passed by the Parliament amending the Carriage by Air Act, 1972.
- The Act regulates carriage by air and gives effect to the Warsaw Convention, 1929, and the Montreal Convention, 1999.
- The Act also extends these provisions to domestic travel, subject to exceptions and adaptations.
- The Montreal Convention establishes airline liability in the case of death, injury, or delay to passengers or in cases of delay, damage, or loss of baggage and cargo.
|The Mines and Minerals (Development and Regulation) Amendment Bill, 2016
- It has been passed by the Lok Sabha to amend the Mines and Minerals (Development and Regulation) Act, 1957.
- The Act regulates the mining sector in India and specifies requirements for obtaining and granting leases for mining operations.
|Draft Coffee Bill, 2016
- It has been released by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry on March 23, 2016.
- The draft Bill seeks to replace the Coffee Act, 1942.
- The Act established a Coffee Board to control the marketing of all the coffee produced in India and regulate its sale in the domestic and international markets.
|Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
- The scheme aims to provide free LPG (cooking gas) connections to women from Below Poverty Line (BPL) households.
- It also aims to ensure universal coverage of cooking gas in India and to protect women’s health (from unclean cooking fuel).
- Under the scheme, Rs 8,000 crore has been allocated to provide five crore LPG connections to BPL households.
- An amount of Rs 1,600 will be provided for each LPG connection to a BPL household.
- The identification of eligible BPL families will be made in consultation with the state governments.
- The scheme will be implemented over a period a three years (from 2016-17 to 2018-19).
- The Union government will launch a new service “Twitter Seva” on April 21, 2016 to address various queries of startups in a time-bound manner. In it, any startup which wants to access government irrespective of any department, they can (put their queries).
- Addressing relocation issue of women scientists
- Department of Sci and Tech.(Ministry of Sci & Tech) has structures all women specific programmes under one umbrella known as “KIRAN(Knowledge Involvement in Research Advancement through Nurturing)