|Government policies and Social issues|
(Welfare schemes and mechanisms, laws, institutions and Bodies constituted for vulnerable sections of the population, Issues relating to development and management of Social Sector)
ForumIAS Mains Marathon – GS Test – 6 / 6th September
Read the below questions carefully and answer them in your own words not exceeding 200 words.
Time: 1 Hour
Total Marks : 10 x 7 = 70 Marks
- Insurance penetration in the farming community is the key to agricultural reforms. In this light, critically analyze the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana. Discuss the challenges in its implementation.
- The National Human Rights Commission needs comprehensive reforms before it can be a true guardian of human rights. What reforms would you suggest?
- Critically Analyse the provisions of the Prohibition of employment of Manual Scavengers Act. Also evaluate the success of the act in eradicating manual scavenging. What are the biggest challenges in its implementation?
- The real power of the Forest Rights Act lies in devolution of decision making to the Gram Sabha. Critically evaluate the provisions of the The Schedules Tribes and other Forest Dwellers ( Recognition of Forest Rights ) Act.
- The inherent contradiction in the Juvenile Justice Act lies in identifying who a child is. Critically analyse.
- Exploitation of women as domestic workers amounts to contemporary slavery in modern times. Discuss what policy measures can be taken to safeguard the rights of domestic workers. Should minimum wages be made mandatory for domestic workers?