A lot of you who have subscribed for the Prelims Test Series – Batch 3, emailed us about preparation strategy and guidance for the Prelims in particular and overall UPSC in general – over a period of one year.
We thought you would like to have a guidance session on overall preparation and we could help you out with some basic questions like
- deciding the preparation cycle – like when to prepare for Mains and when to prepare for Prelims
- deciding on freezing sources for Prelims and Mains ( This is most important, you wont make it , if you 2 weeks before the exam you don’t know where to do Culture from. Freeze sources as early as possible.
- deciding on covering current Affairs fully – as far as posssible
- basic questions like reading the newspaper effectively – you can Read Arushi’s article here.
We also added three Tests to Batch 3 – compared to Batch 1 :
- 2 Full Length Tests on Current Affairs
- 1 Test on Economic Survey. Government Schemes and India Year Book
( All Batches will get all 3 Tests , and plan document will be updated shortly )
Accordingly, we have slightly modified the schedule. We will begin with a guidance session on December 4 tomorrow at 11 AM at ForumIAS Test Center, ( Guidance IAS), 103 Bada Bazaar Marg, Opposite Popular Fruit Juice, Old Rajinder Nagar, New Delhi.
Accordingly, the First Test is re-scheduled on December 11 and will be released online at 11 AM or can be attempted at the Test Center at 11 AM on December 11
Also, a lot of you faced difficulties in joining in the past 15 days or so ,because offline admissions were cumbersome. You can join any of our paid offline program at the Test Center starting December 4, by swiping your Debit or Credit Card at the Test Center.
Lastly, please come prepared with exact questions, which we will address. We hope you have started studying by now, because you will be able to ask exact questions only when you have done some studies. For example – How to become IAS is not exact question.
Note that our guidnace sessions are usually practical sessions that end up easing your preparation task, without unnecessarily burdening you with extra books, and are updated with tips and advice from our immediately passed out members, and hence are very relevant.
Please note that we are now accepting admissions for the Mains Guidance Program ( MGP 2017) . Candidates who would like to join both are eligible for a discount of Rs. 2000. For that you will have to first join the Prelims Test Series , and then enroll for the MGP and use the code EXISTINGSTUDENT to get Rs. 2000 OFF on MGP. For details of MGP – click here