What is SFG?
- Select Focus Group ( SFG ) is a small group of students who are selected by ForumIAS every year for coaching them to clear the UPSC Prelims Examination. Every single candidate selected, and retained consistently in the group has cleared the Prelims examination in the past.
- 100 Students will be selected for the Select Focus Group, who will be required to write the Test at 7AM everyday 5/6 days a week to write an hour long test based on a pre-planned syllabus , followed by discussion on the same, at no additional cost.
- Candidates who are unable to make it to the SFG, will be maintained in a Reserve List, who can also write the tests, but will have to pay a slightly higer fee. Unlike the offline SFG, the Online SFG ( Covid year update ) , will have discussion for both.
- Tests are conducted daily and results are provided within 12 hours of test with Name and Rank list for candidates and parents to evaluate their daily performance. On the basis of rankles, about 50% of bottom performing students from SFG are migrated to the reserve list on a weekly basis, and an equal number of students from reserve list ( RLG) are moved into SFG. The decision of management in this regard is final and not subject to dispute. Please note that this migration is done not keeping in mind the overall merit list but moving away bottom 50% from SFG and picking up an equal number of people from RLG. Thus those who may be getting more than RLG students , but are bottom 50 in SFG will be moved to RLG.
- Every month, the bottom 10% or so non-performing students are eliminated from the program to maintain the quality of competition.
- All candidates writing the CSE 2020 are eligible to apply for the entrance test.
- Admission to the SFG and RLG are based on the rank of the candidate in the merit list of the SFG Entrance Test. Students can apply for the program by registering for the Entrance Test by paying a fee of Rs. 500. Candidates can register by visiting http://go.forumias.com/103
- The candidate must appear for the entrance test to be held on July 12th , at 8PM subsequent to which he / she will be admitted to the Select Group or the Reserve List.
- The candidate must pay the monthly fee as per the group he / she is allocated.
Fee Structure & Details
- The course duration is of about four months and fees is charged on a monthly basis. Fees for the full duration of the program cannot be paid at one go.
- Candidates selected for SFG will have to pay a monthly fee of Rs. 1300 and those in the reserve list will have to pay a monthly fees of Rs. 2000. Fees are to be paid once the candidate is selected for the program. GST is to be additionally paid.
ForumIAS Academy is a New Delhi based coaching institute, that continuously innovates to increase the level of competence of candidates preparing for Civil Services. This is done by enforcing strict discipline, focus and motivation among students. You can read how it has helped candidates secure Rank 1, 3, 5, ,7, 8, 10, 11,12, 13, 14 in Civil Services Examination 2017 and 2018. Women Candidates have secured Ranks 4, 56 in CSE 2016 and Ranks 12, 39, 40 , 122 in Civil Services Examination 2017. You can read their testimonials at http://blog.forumias.com/testimonials. Note :
- Admissions to the SFG / RLG Group will only be on the basis of merit position of the candidate in the entrance test. Entrance Test will be held on July 12 at 8PM. Candidates must register for the SFG Entrance Test by visiting the website http://academy.forumias.com before 2PM, July 12th.
- No admission will be granted to the candidate without appearing for the Entrance Test
- There could be technical glitches for last minute registrations , so please register early to avoid hassles.
- No telephonic or email support with respect to the program will be provided. This thread will be the official thread for all communication.
Please note that SFG is not a Test Series program, and candidates must attempt the paper at designated timings only. If you cannot attend Test at 7AM, please do not apply for the program. After the Test is over, you will not be able to attempt the paper, you will only get Questions, Answers and Discussion Videos.