Newspaper analysis from The Hindu bearing
relevance to Civil Services preparation
- Center to seek legal opinion on Nehru Museum Chief Appointment :- The Nehru Museum chief was given an extension till 2024 – of about 10 years, confirmed by the former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh days before he was voted out of power. The new govt is asking three questions:-
a) Was it the right thing to do.
b) Was it legally correct?
c) Was it ethically correct?
- Waive immunity, Delhi tells Riyadh as Indian Diplomacy faces a tough task, because relations with both Nepal and Saudi Arabia are important.
- The devil is in the details – M K Narayanan, former National Security Adviser writes that fundamental principles of the Constitution have to adhered to in reaching a Naga Deal. He says “shared sovereignty ” needs to be examined.
- Old problems mar a new solution : The District Mineral Foundation were set up with an ambitious goal – that the money raised from exploitation of mineral resources should have some component of it ploughed back to the people affected and place of exploration. But Chitrangada Choudhary argues that the design of the foundation itself is flawed.
- Russia Joins combat in Syria – This is are Reuters news republished by Hindu. Beginners may follow such articles, but Mains appearing candidates may just as well Read one single article on Syria Issue, which would be the best possible thing to do. ForumIAS ed team avoids such articles.
- USA to admit 10,000 Syrian refugees in 2016 : amidst criticism that USA is not doing enough in handling the refugee crisis. 10,000 however is a minuscule number compared to millions of people who need help. This a Guardian Article. We will not cover these in future as all important articles are usually covered in The Hindu Editorial
- UK largest G20 investor in India, currently employs 6.91 lakh people. Just a fact to be known, nothing more to read on it.
Editorials & Columns
- Stalled, again – The article looks into continued stalling of parliament; which has led to delaying in may important bills like GST.