Newspaper articles from The Hindu bearing
relevance to Civil Services preparation
- Internal Security / Hizbul now biggest militant group : Hizbul is now bigger than LeT. The problem? LeT is based out of Pakistan , while Hizbul is Kashmiri. What is ailing ( and should ail) the government is the indigenisation of our youth in terrorism.
- No Editorials! Its Sunday! 🙂
- Thousands march in pro-refugee rallies across Europe : March volunteers welcome refugees. Europe, of all places has bore the brunt of refugees the most during the World Wars. It should better appreciate the issue.
- Policymakers need to change regulatory mindset says the Finance Minister.
- Govt developing framework for repowering wind farms With a view to ensure better capacity utilisation of wind energy projects, the Union Power Ministry is developing a framework for repowering wind farms from 200-300 watt units to 2-5 MW.
- Mumbai meat ban: ‘Get off the ban-wagon’, : Meat bans violate fundamental liberties, erode state’s secular character, harm the cause of vegetarianism, writes Pratap Bhanu Mehta. A Must Read.
The Business Case for Europe’s Refugees : – This LiveMint Article looks the refugee issue from a business point of view, arguing that migrants are young & skilled.