We shall be commencing the Mains Guidance Program from about December 10th. The primary purpose of the Guidance program will be to
- Provide meaningful guidance to the candidates for the Mains Examination
- Provide a platform for development of Answer Writing Skills through a series of Tests covering the full syllabus
- Provide a mentor support to serious UPSC aspirants throughout the examination preparation cycle, including the Interview phase.
Like the MGP 2016, this will be a paid program with email, classroom, and telephonic support to candidates.
The MGP will have a series of upto 25 Sectional + Full Length Tests and will be designed to achieve the following:
- Completion of the full Mains syllabus at least once before March -April, after which students should be completely focused on the Prelims
- Coherence with the ForumIAS Prelims Test Series, such that overlapping parts of Prelims and Mains Syllabus is covered in a wholistic manner for both Prelims and Mains. Thus the preparation for Mains can run in parallel to the Prelims examination, without hampering it.
- Early development of Answer Writing Skills needed for securing good marks in the Mains examination.
- Ensuring that candidates have a clarity in terms of structure of the answer required as early as possible in the preparation phase, so that years and attempts are not wasted in gaining the experience.
- Early beginning of the program and early labour by candidates in the months of December-Jan-Feb will ensure that they do not feel lost after Prelims examination – especially those candidates who have no prior experience with the Mains examination.
The details of the program will be released in 2 days time. Keep checking the Noticeboard
The program will last for about 7 months long – starting December – March ( 3.5 Months ) and resuming after the Prelims from July – October ( 3.5 months )
The program is designed for
- Candidates who want to opt for Test Series based preparation instead of joining classroom courses
- Candidates who want a Self study based disciplined approach to completing the full syllabus by following a plan that is realistic and easy to implement
- Candidates who want to supplement their classroom program with a Test Series from an external institution to avoid the what-is-taught-in-class-ias-asked-in-exam situation.
- We have a limited capacity for the MGP, unlike the Prelims Test Series, and hence seats will be limited – both in the physical set up as well as in the online version of the program
Online & Offline
- Candidates can take up the program both online and offline, and easily migrate from online to offline model and vice versa. The Offline Test Center will be located in Old Rajinder Nagar, New Delhi
Discounts & Preference
- Discounts will be available to subscribers of Prelims Test Series Students. Preference will be also be given to the Prelims Test Series Students.
For any assistance or query, do not hesitate to reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org