I am looking for someone who has completely or nearly replaced a physical notebook and made notes on tablet either pencil.
Anyone here who has done that?
What software did you use? What are the pros and cons?
Doing it this time on Samsung Notes.
1. "Find" feature enables me to search content even written in my own handwriting. The AI is super on this.
2. Typing content on Evernote/OneNote had limitations. You could not draw flow charts, diagrams, put images from the internet to your notes with ease etc. Basically, making notes now on tablet is akin to physical note-making which involves me actively with the topic I'm taking notes of + the added features of digital notes (searchability to add content in relevant topics as and when issues appear)
3. Easy to revise- Revising with a pen and using the highlight feature gives the feel of 'pen-paper' format which is the still the best way to do things for better retention. Revision on Evernote/OneNote was a tough job because it involved passive reading of things on a screen!
4. Multi-window functionality: Makes it easy to switch between windows on the go. If I'm stuck, I can take pictures from YouTube videos, write on them, refer Wikipedia seamlessly. I used to do this with Evernote too but it it took a lot of time. The main reason why I chose to go for Tablet because I had exhausted all the features of Evernote and wanted to do more with my notes.
1. You totally give up pen and paper for good which is not a good thing as we need to be in writing practice for Mains.
No other cons.
Tablet note-taking is the next succession step in the digital evolution!
I have been working on Obsidian for other purposes. I have started my UPSC prep with this app since 2023.
It has all the features required to make a comprehensive notes-
1. Division in folders, files.
2. Calender to map progress.
3. We can embed YouTube videos, which is my favourite feature. You can embed playlists!
4. Embed pdfs, mp4 files, images.
5. You can make tags to find content easily. Like I have created tags from Syllabus itself.
7. Excalidraw extension for graphs.
8. You can spilt the screen for long files.
9. Has tabs like google.
10. Ofcourse, allows to add links, and you can even link internal files.
Attaching a screenshot