If your landlord is forcing you to pay the full rent or he says he will seize your belongings. Please be assured that no one can force you to vacate the premises or ask for the full rent.
Following are some important points in this regard:
0. Save/Record your conversation, involve your family. Please spread this information as much as possible, keep this thread running on top, share your problem or how are you actually handling this situation.
1. We are going through a crisis, our families have a limited source of income so if you are having a problem in paying the rent, first try to convince him that you cannot pay the full rent.
2. Don't let his words befool you, paying the 'full rent' after this crisis gets over is different from paying half, one-third, or 1/4th rent now.
3. If you don't wish to stay in your room anymore but you have your belongings there, tell your landlord that you won't continue anymore but take some money just to keep your belongings, nobody is going to take his room at this time. You have got the upper hand.
4. You may ask your friend (favor from friendzoned friend, 4F) to relocate your belongings if he/she staying here, this will save you lots of money.
5. DO NOT sign on any document given by your landlord, tell him that your lawyer does not permit you to do so. Right now landlords of ORN are using this trick to harass you mentally. It is a useless paper (not even a judicial stamp paper).
6. Please contact Rajinder Nagar Police Station, they will be happy to help you. The whole administration gets 'a lot' from this area.
Phone Number: 011- 2874 4012.
Vajiram & Ravi has also extended its help to the students in need. They have put a notice in front of the gate.
Contact details: 011- 4100 7400.
Share your problem on twitter, tag Mr. Kejriwal, MoHRD, PMOffice, etc.
7. If you are staying here, you have got a very good chance to get rooms at affordable rates as most students are leaving this place, get a room of your choice, negotiate the rent.
8. Anyone who is already in the administration, or is a lawyer.. please come forward and help the students, at least by counseling here on ForumIAS. Let's teach these money-minded landlords a lesson of their lifetime. Also request the coaching industry to shift to another more 'liveable & affordable' area like Gurugram, Greater Noida.
Examples: My roommate was able to negotiate his rent by 1/4th and he helped his friend in getting her rent reduced to 7k from 14k!
I helped my other flatmates to shift their belongings to another flat, saving their combined 16,000+.
Please come forward and help each other, IAS ban kar hi sab help nahi ki jati.