Subscribe to ForumIAS

Thread for Civil Engineering Optional Mains 2019

@sbhati513590I have civil engineering as my optional

9.2k views

Any idea how good is the next ias test series? Is it recommended or will practicing questions from Made easy's ESE test series will be better?

9.2k views

Any idea which Previous Year Question Book has fewer mistakes- IES Master or Made Easy?

9.2k views

@abhinav23raj436Thank you

9.2k views

How was the mains paper?

9.2k views

@abhinav23raj436I agree. How did you find it difficulty wise compared to previous years? And kitna attempt kiya? I was able to attempt around 400

9.2k views

@abhinav23raj436That is a great attempt

3k views

@abhinav23raj436Just to get an idea of extent of scaling, can uou share how much you were expecting out of 400 last year?

3k views

@abhinav23raj436Oh! It seems like there is a significant impact of normalisation

3k views

Scoring in this optional seems difficult

3k views

Did anyone attempt the prestress question where loading stress was found to be at middle span? If yes, do you remember the range of stresses? As far as I can remember, I think one of the values reached till 18 MPa for me

3k views

And for steel column compression member, slenderness ratio about horizontal axis was out of range of the table provided?

3k views

I think there were some unconventional questions like Radius of influence formula ,steel bearing plate and velocity over plate question

3.1k views

@RockyBalboadifficult to set a definite score because the fluctuation must be annual. But from whatever info I could gather, it could be anywhere between 0.75 to 0.85 of what you are expecting

3.1k views

@Aspirant123This figure that I quoted has no solid rationale behind it. I got it based on experiences of 2 people, both having Math as an optional. One person has also shared his experience here with respect to civil engineering. For him too the ratio was in this range

3.1k views

@abhinav23raj436@Aspirant123Your arguments seem more logical. There must be a proper process to scaling and it must be proportional to marks scored.

3.1k views

@KhamoshkrantikariWere there any controversial questions?

3.1k views

Kaise karna tha ye solve?

3.1k views
Write your comment…