Subscribe to ForumIAS

Thread for Physics Optional.

Hello everyone, 

This thread is specific to physics optional, its preparation, pains, gains, and its uncertainties.

This thread does not have a GS Optional duality.

If you are not having physics optional, kindly do not post your responses here. 

Thank you.

Just_relentless,Purplesunbird
8.6k views

18 comments

Hello everyone 
Since physics receive a lot less coaching and peer support except resources available online, this thread can be useful for many aspirants who're currently preparing or will do so in the coming years. 
There are few shortcomings that I noticed, just stating them here so we'll work upon it. 

1. Previous year solutions compiled
  2. Peer doubt resolution 

These are the most basic problems that I encountered and can easily be resolved with few serious aspirants. 

For pyq solutions, we can have a drive folder with the compilation. No compulsion whatsoever on a person, anyone can at least upload 2-3 solutions per week of questions of his own choice. 

walterwhit3,
3.7k views
I have solved most of the questions of Paper 2, and am going to start with paper 1.
A peer group, which is active as well, might help in solving really tough problems and completing the missing parts of the syllabus. 
Purplesunbird,
4.4k views
Deleted
I am planing to start for phy from June.
I would suggest why not create our own small group in telegram/whatsapp and post its link here. So that sincere people who would want to join and contribute can do so. This is because I am not a frequent visitor of Forum and non active threads somehow gets lost here. If you guys/gals suggest otherwise, i am fine by it.
walterwhit3,
4.1k views

I'll also begin in June and I've completed approximately 60-70% of tut sheet. It's majorly the topics at the end which are left as of now. 

@hrishabh  I'm fine with anything that everyone is fine with. 

walterwhit3,
3.6k views
Write your comment…