Subscribe to ForumIAS

Thread for those struggling with handwriting speed

@Akbar_BirbalI am also wondering the same. I am borrowing Lamy Safari from someone. Ill get it next week. I will try and share my experience here.

7.5k views

As a general rule, gel pens and roller ball pens should be easier to write with since there is less friction.

More than friction from paper, my problem is that when I am an hour or so into the paper I start to grip the pen very tightly. This probably tires out my hand and my speed gets slower.

7.5k views

Also it seems to me that my speed reduces if I rest my palm and elbow on the table and write rather than keeping it in the air or resting it lightly on the table. Did you guys experience something like this or I am just imagining things?

7.5k views

Pilot V7 has not helped me due to my “death grip”. Hands start to hurt after a while.

4k views

@Joeyisthebestoh. Has that been helpful?

4k views

@Biryanimafia_ You can try uniball air.

4k views

@JoeyisthebestI will try it in the next test and see if it makes a difference for me.

4k views

@JalalI wrote 7 tests before Prelims and 1 a few day ago. I am able to attempt 15-16 on an average. In ethics it gets even worse. How many are you guys able to attempt?

4k views

@Jalalsame is happening with me. Hopefully it will improve after writing a few more tests.

4k views

@BurningdesireI have. It can't be refilled. It has been recommended by Yo Yo Choti Singh, last year's topper. But personally it did not help me. Maybe my issue has more to do with my writing technique rather than the pen.

4.6k views

Many toppers have suggested giving equal time to each question. How would that work out? You constantly look at the watch and move on to the next question when time is up, even if the question isn’t over? Has anyone tried this? Is it workable?

4.6k views

@AkkkuThough I am no expert but still, keep in mind that it's the same for everyone. Read & revise for what is given in standard books, cook up answers for rest.

4.1k views
Write your comment…