Subscribe to ForumIAS

Thread to Clarify Doubts, Seek Guidance from 2021 Batch Civil Servants

Deleted

Hi guys,

2022 prelims was my first attempt and am getting 82, underestimated prelims and started on it towards Feb end, hence was not able to do sufficient mocks. I've been preparing from my home through self study, although I am attending CA classes of Dipin sir and took MGP 2022 but haven't wrote them yet.

Now, at this point I'm in a dillemma as to moving to Delhi for mentorship or not. I'll explain below,

1. I personally don't know any peer/senior/guide/or aspirant that is prepping seriously.
  2. Guidance(other than topper videos) was one aspect that was lacking in my previous attempt and this prelims has made me quite anxious and I wish to foolproof my prep, especially pre.
  3. I have never prefered moving to Delhi for prep as a) I am not doing any classes, neither do I plan to for next year; b) I prefer to study by myself and the 'pressure environment' in the hub sounds a bit depressing (motivation is not an issue); c) I wish to avoid time leakages in commute/ food hunting/ house hunting etc.
  4. Despite all this prelims has made me anxious that I might be missing out prefessional guidance sitting at my home.

Can you guys please help me out with following questions through your experience?(a desperate cry for help) Up until now I was flying solo and pretty confident that my decision to not move has been right but now I'm questioning it and have no reference to talk of or anyone I can discuss the ground realities with.

1. How much of a difference does it makes If one is writing mocks in academy centres and getting them discussed vs at home? (simulation point of view)
  2. Is there an edge to having constant 1-on-1 discussion with the mentor, also, in reality do institutes really provide personalized inputs? wrt number of students.
  3. In your experience is it worth shifting for answer writing practice and mentorship?
  4. If anyone had a similar situation to me, is there any way to seek constant guidance? any pointers? (institute or Serious peer groupwise)

Would be thankful if someone could help me out! thanks!

4.5k views
Write your comment…