- Bodh Gaya:Gautama attained Enlightenment here
- Rajgir:Buddha taught the Perfection of Wisdom and subdued an angry elephant through his compassion.
- Vaishali:Buddha ordained the first female nuns and this is also the place where he received an offering of honey from a monkey.
- Sahasram, Barabar Caves:Minor Rock Edicts of Ashoka are here
- Lauriya-Araraj, Lauriya-Navandgarh:Major Pillar Edicts of Ashoka are here
- Takht Sri Patna Sahib:Birthplace of Guru Gobind Singh
- Nalanda University and Vikramshila University:2 most important centers of learning in Ancient India
- Vajji:It covered the modern North Bihar. It is indicated to have been a republic.
- Magadha:It covered South-western Bihar
- Anga:It covered South-eastern Bihar
- Buxar:Place where the Battle of Buxar took place in 1764.
Would also add:
Chirand: Near Chapra, Saran district. An archaeological site in Bihar with continuous records from Neolithic period to the reign of Pal dynasty in pre- medieval period.