There are many favourite topics of UPSC CSE paper setters. These questions come every year, yet are not found in an easy to do manner in most books. I want to take 20 such high yielding topics and do 1 per day. I am hoping this will help me do 4-5 extra questions in the exam.
Let us do it together. We can make a list today and start doing them from tomorrow.
- Wildlife Sanctuaries, National Parks, Biosphere Reserves (Finished on Sep 6) - Use ForumIAS material (link for BR | link for NP & WLS) or create tables yourself (Link for Govt Database)
- Ramsar - Wetlands, Marine protected areas, Elephant Reserves and Tiger Reserves (Finished on Sep 7) - No compilation that I know of, make tables of imp areas only (link for Wetlands | link for Tiger Reserves | Link for Govt Database)
- Jainism and Buddhism + Sufi and Bhakti tradition (Finished on Sep 8 & 9) Use your previous notes and consolidate for quick revision (Link for Bhakti & Sufi tradition)
- Rivers - Origin, Tributaries, Deltas, Dams and Termination (+ Lakes - Ramsar/Montreux if time permits) Finished on Sep 10
- Pollutants Finished on Sep 11
- Indexes and authorities that release them Finished on Sep 12 Forum IAS links - 1, 2, 3, 4 | Shankar IAS Link
- Biodiversity (Species etc) Finished on Sep 13
- Tribes of India Finished on Sep 13
- Schedules/Important Articles of the Constitution Finished on Sep 14
- Seas and water bodies in the world + countries surrounding them Finished on Sep 14
- Gandhian movements Finished on Sep 15
- 1940-47 in Indian Independence Finished on Sep 16
- Trends in Indian economy (+ Nationalization of various sectors + Land reforms) Finished on Sep 17
- Acts and conventions in Environment + National Environment Bodies To do - Sep 18
- International groupings that India is a part of + imp ones where India is not a member To do - Sep 19
- Biotechnology To do - Sep 19
- Wireless Communication + Diseases in news To do - Sep 20
- WTO, UN, IMF and other important bodies To do - Sep 20
- Control Groupings : MTCR, Australian Group, NSG, Wassenar and Associated topics like IAEA,NPT To do - Sep 21
- India's defence - Military exercises, weapons, fighter planes, submarines, stealth frigates, aircraft carriers + Satellite Missions/Space Missions To do - Sep 21
- Places in news + Conflict Zones + GI tags To do - Sep 22
- One liner type questions asking a particular pact or agreement signed between India and another country To do - Sep 22
- Finance Commission To do - Sep 22
Other Important Topics - No need of notes/Do from the book
- Fundamental Rights, DPSP and Fundamental Duties
- Historical background of Indian Constitution
- Folk paintings, dance and music
Smaller topics which do not require much retention:
- Current account and Capital Account convertibility
- National Income - GDP, GVA, GNP etc etc.
Please comment below and then I will add them to the list.