Subscribe to ForumIAS

Thread for those struggling with handwriting speed

If there are others like me who are struggling to finish papers due to slow handwriting, here we can discuss issues, exercises, pens etc. which can be helpful.

goldberry,utsav05622844
35.9k views

70 comments

@Akbar_Birbali booked on amazon. u have to check

3.1k views

Pilot V7 has not helped me due to my “death grip”. Hands start to hurt after a while.

3.9k views

@sbhati513590It does. I keep the answer booklet on the edge of table while writing now.

2.4k views

@Joeyisthebestoh. Has that been helpful?

3.9k views

I have been using V7 but its tip leaves spots on paper and smudges on the other side as well. V5 felt too scratchy.
Can anybody suggest a pen that falls midway between V7 and V5? Also, are there any refillable options in good pens, for writing? Thanks in advance!

3k views

@Biryanimafia_ You can try uniball air.

3.9k views

@Biryanimafia_ if you refill the ink in V7, it will not leave spots. It gets a little lighter. Also, after using half of the ink, the spots reduce.

2.4k views

@sbhati513590
To some extent yes. I am left handed so i have keep changing my hand position while writing every once in a while but I avoid keeping it on table for long.

2.4k views

@Joeyisthebestokay, but I once attempted to refill V7, and that smooth flow just vanished, I felt like air bubbles must have got in or something, peers also said refilling V7 is not a good idea!

3k views

@sbhati513590looks fancy, will try!

3.1k views

@Biryanimafia_ Oh okay.

2.4k views

@JoeyisthebestI will try it in the next test and see if it makes a difference for me.

3.9k views

@sbhati513590how many questions u able to complete in test?

3.1k views

@JalalI wrote 7 tests before Prelims and 1 a few day ago. I am able to attempt 15-16 on an average. In ethics it gets even worse. How many are you guys able to attempt?

3.9k views

@sbhati513590I haven't written after prelims but before pre I wrote 4-5 tests and I was able to complete 15-16 questions..lekin now m feeling that m writing more slower...might be possible I m not in touch of writing from last 3-4 months

3.1k views

@Jalalsame is happening with me. Hopefully it will improve after writing a few more tests.

3.9k views

I have seen recommendation for uniball vision elite..has anyone used it?? What is your review?? Is it refillable??

3.2k views
Write your comment…