Subscribe to ForumIAS

Thread to Clarify Doubts, Seek Guidance from 2021 Batch Civil Servants

Hi, everyone! Starting this thread, so we can all seek specific guidance from, clarify our doubts from friends who successfully cleared CSE 2021. Please feel free to ask any and all questions, however trivial, so we can collectively benefit.

It's opportune time for this, as with Pre 2022 ending in a few hours, friends giving Pre this year can also benefit from their Post-Pre Preparation Experience.

Tagging 

@sjerngal  @Pam123 @AzadHindFauz @TheFinalStand @CSLWARRIOR @Arsene @Bubba_gump @Apollo11 @impatientoptimist  @whatif1997, and requesting them to enlighten us plebs on tricks & trickeries of preparation.

Edit: Adding@Newton981 (AIR 107)

curious_kid,DMand25 otherslike this
130.4k views

248 comments

@sjerngal @AzadHindFauz @CSLWARRIOR Apart from revising my notes, what else can I do to improve in GS1,2 & 3 further?? Should I join Forum CA classes? Last year tried to read Mains 365 once but due to paucity of time, couldn't revise it properly and remembered very few points. 

By joining Forum CA classes will I be able to use more examples in my answer?

Overall what should be my strategy this year for GS 1,2&3?

Yar mains 365 or dipin sir ka class mai asman zameen ka antar hai. Plz mains 365 ka dipin sir sai compare mat karo. 

Sir ka aisa tarika hai na padhane ka tumhae bahut kuch class mai hi yad ho jayga. 

But class kai bad room par jane kai bad 

One page ka condense notes jarur bana lena. Like I will attach  one page note as a sample. 

AzadHindFauz,sjerngaland2 otherslike this
4.3k views

DMsaid

@sjerngal @AzadHindFauz @CSLWARRIOR Apart from revising my notes, what else can I do to improve in GS1,2 & 3 further?? Should I join Forum CA classes? Last year tried to read Mains 365 once but due to paucity of time, couldn't revise it properly and remembered very few points. 

Yar mains 365 or dipin sir ka class mai asman zameen ka antar hai. Plz mains 365 ka dipin sir ka compare mat karo. 

Sir ka aisa tarika hai na padhane ka tumhae bahut kuch class mai hi yad ho jayga. 

But class kai bad room par jane kai bad 

One page ka condense notes jarur bana lena. Like I will  one page notes as a sample. 

D7,Microand9 otherslike this
5.7k views

Key is to revise multiple times. There is no magic bullet in any course. People got selected by following different strategies. Make ur own strategy and imo no topper can give u THE strategy. 

If u feel like (and afford) joining a CA class go for it. 

Mettle,sjerngaland1 otherslike this
4.6k views
@DM Thank You so much for clarifying my doubt, I had no idea about Dipin Sir's classes. 

DM,
4.5k views
@CSLWARRIOR Thank you so much, Sir. 

4.5k views
@DM Thank You so much for clarifying my doubt, I had no idea about Dipin Sir's classes. 

Safely u can join. U can rely on him. 

4.2k views
@DM  hi I'm hopeful of clearing prelim this time and this would be my 4th mains. I want to ask few question wrt Dipin sir CA classes..
1) I have heard he give utmost attention to few topics of polity, IR and Economics while ignoring rest of topics from Society, Agriculture, Environment  and SnT. How far this is true? 
2) Do we need to refer to mains 365 also ?

As this is my last attempt so don't want to take any risk. 

beginn371316,
4.1k views
@Archand he teaches a lot more than the actual handouts in class ,which you will not be able to get from handouts only 

Archand,sjerngal
3.8k views

Aazaadsaid

» show previous quotes

Go for Dipin sir's CA classes.

1. They are more insightful and rich in quality.

2. They have better cross-linkages. The content could be used across Essay, Ethics, and Optionals (humanities) if you know how to use them.

On the other hand, merely getting frameworks for different topics wouldn't be of much help in my opinion.

@AzadHindFauz@CSLWARRIORMight be a silly ques but Given that the classes will start before prelims ....Does it make sense to enroll in these classes if you don't clear prelims (since i feel i am pretty close to the cutoff)

I mean for the next attempt.

@Rashmirathi @AzadHindFauz@CSLWARRIOR

Any thoughts ?

3.8k views

@CSLWARRIOR @Rashmirathi 

Thanks a lot for your time and insights. Will join the course and watch the video classes :)

3.7k views
@Aazaad bhai in this case you can join the course for whole year ( I did the same ) 

Aazaad,
3.4k views
@RashmirathiThanks for the reply,
i think i should've been more clear, what i meant was should i join the CA classes before the result of prelims is declared,
bcoz i am not sure if there'll be another batch or not after the results.

3.4k views

Aazaadsaid

@RashmirathiThanks for the reply,
i think i should've been more clear, what i meant was should i join the CA classes before the result of prelims is declared,
bcoz i am not sure if there'll be another batch or not after the results.

Last year there was only one batch. But u can join and watch recorded videos after pre result.

Rashmirathi,Aazaad
3.6k views

Thanks@CSLWARRIOR ... That settles my doubt and worry

3k views

Hello everyone,

Congratulations on the selection!

This is with respect to prelims current affairs - I am finding it difficult to follow daily CA (quiz+newspaper), monthly magazines and yearly compilations at the same time. At the end the mock questions will also be there. It will be too much to revise.

What should I drop? (if at all it is advisable)

2.9k views

How to prepare for the science and technology part of the GS3 paper??

Should I skip it and depend only on prelims preparation and newspaper readings or should I prepare some specific important topics like AI, Blockchain, etc from monthly magazine/Mains 365?

3k views

How to prepare for the science and technology part of the GS3 paper??

Should I skip it and depend only on prelims preparation and newspaper readings or should I prepare some specific important topics like AI, Blockchain, etc from monthly magazine/Mains 365?

Apart from buzz words, prepare specific topics like role of AI in agriculture, space tech in agri, role of AI in healthcare, drone tech, et al.

Also prepare few scientists including scientists from Ancient India.

Unbroken,
3k views

Hello everyone,

This is with respect to prelims current affairs - I am finding it difficult to follow daily CA (quiz+newspaper), monthly magazines and yearly compilations at the same time. At the end the mock questions will also be there. It will be too much to revise.

If you have been doing newspapers and monthly magazines religiously, there is no point of doing yearly compilations. 
I would suggest you to make 1-2 pages notes of the monthly magazines that you read, so that by the end of the year you<30 pages of condensed notes to revise. 
And anyway, I believe that the utility of yearly compilations is decreasing over the years.
I, personally, used to make questions for myself from newspapers and monthly magazines and would revise the same before prelims. There were roughly ~150  questions for each month.
Attaching a sample of the same-

DM,GaneshGaitondeand14 otherslike this
4.3k views

Hello everyone,

If you have been doing newspapers and monthly magazines religiously, there is no point of doing yearly compilations. 
I would suggest you to make 1-2 pages notes of the monthly magazines that you read, so that by the end of the year you<30 pages of condensed notes to revise. 
And anyway, I believe that the utility of yearly compilations is decreasing over the years.
I, personally, used to make questions for myself from newspapers and monthly magazines and would revise the same before prelims. There were roughly ~150  questions for each month.

Same I am also doing exactly replica of this

sjerngal,Goingallout
2.5k views

Hello everyone,

WoW. Innovation in revision methodology.

AzadHindFauz,Aazaad
2.9k views
Write your comment…