Subscribe to ForumIAS

[Community Initiative] Thread for Posting Performance Sheet. (Reviving For SFG 2022)

Post your performance sheet of SFG  in this thread,It is to  track our own mistakes and also to compare our mistakes with others.

Rationale behind continuing with same thread

• it becomes a good repository for longtime.
  • Creating new threads making confusion in forum.
  • Back then during discuss platform oldies used single thread so we will do it in old way.
  • The previous work motivates some to participate.

Ps:

• Pls don't use this thread for discussing anything.
  • Only use it,for uploading ur performance sheet(dont just upload score,pls do upload ur mistakes n if possible add a "y")(u can take reference from others previous work).

Google sheet to compare scores & gauge ones performance:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gywpblGftHHCODDHVEjgmda5maCDTkPjXAJMC8qbwOQ/edit?usp=drivesdk

Please don't alter the google sheet, just enter your score. 

OTHER USEFUL LINKS:

1)Sfg Related Discussion Thread:

https://forumias.com/post/detail/SFG-RLG-All-Tests-Discussions-in-one-place-1575640662

2)Any UPSC Related Doubts:

https://forumias.com/post/detail/Doubt-Clearance-Thread-UPSC-2020-1579348713

3) Previous Year UPSC Prelims Questions Thread:

https://forumias.com/post/detail/Previous-Year-Questions-60-Days-Mission-1585383124

jack_Sparrow,curious_kidand41 otherslike this
266.4k views

721 comments

Falcon,
4.7k views

hello all.

how you all managing the time?

I mean how do you meet the daily target of SFG and simultaneously doing analysis of the test and then watching the video?

senior give some suggestion plz, My last 3-4 test scores have not gone above 40-45

Those who are able to manage well please reply how are you doing?

@Patrick_jane @Shree123 

Micro,giri_jiten6786and1 otherslike this
3.1k views

sometimes it takes a whole day to complete just fr,dpsp chapter,hence rest thing like CA and solution video i wont be able to do(i already read laxmikanth 5-6 times earlier) 

3k views

hello all.

I mean how do you meet the daily target of SFG and simultaneously doing analysis of the test and then watching the video?

senior give some suggestion plz, My last 3-4 test scores have not gone above 40-45

@Patrick_jane @Shree123 

@Raillife 

Hello this is my 3rd sfg.

So im in prelims loop for the past 5 to 6 months. 

So im only reading once the syllabus n writing the sfg1 test then reading my mistakes n doing sfg2 test n reading my mistakes.

Atlast glancing entire syllabus again.

Regarding discussion video's rightnow im not watching it.(i assume polity is my strong area).

In total im clocking 8 to 10hrs a day.

I can suggest that after test make ur performance sheet.

Start for tomorrows test asap,complete it by max 2 stretches. (5 to 6hrs)

Write the sfg1 or 2 test.make note of ur mistkes(1hr).

And read those mistakes from ur source.(1hr)

Then watch todays test video.(keep 1.5x speed so that u can complete it by 2hrs)

So total 9 to 10hrs.

Ps: this a generalized plan,everyone device their own plan based on ur way of learning. 

I learn through my mistkes so im revising subject through testing and learning. 

Raillife,AJ_and1 otherslike this
4.7k views
@Raillife i am a working proffessional and i dont even get that much time as i work in one of the essential services. 

After office .. i get 3-4 hrs .. i engage myself in reading the topic and scribbling fast the important points from the chapter then and there.. in rough page. This way it engages me fully, i am focussed on what i am doing and get hold of things faster. If i just keep on reading my mind wanders. 

Morning i get up around 4am .. do my chores till 4.30 and sit back to study finishing remaining topics, revise whats already read and attempt the test sharp @7am. Then during the day, as and when i get time in office i revise my test. My score for past 6 test ranged between 50-69M. But i have made it a point to not miss a test. Even if i score low i wont miss it. 

I do not get enough time to see the videos. I wish to make best use of my weekends. Thats it. 

I hope this helps u in some way. 

Deepak802,ssver2and7 otherslike this
5.6k views

What have you been doing for daily current affairs@Patrick_jane . Also what are you planning to do for current affairs revision (Just factly compilations or PT 365 also)

Patrick_jane,giri_jiten6786
2.9k views

What have you been doing for daily current affairs@Patrick_jane . Also what are you planning to do for current affairs revision (Just factly compilations or PT 365 also)

1. Regarding daily im reading important articles of hindu + some days factly. 
  2. Dipin sir notes.
  3. Untill feb i have done vision will do it (pt 365 ones for polity,social issues)+ monthly envi n eco n culture (i using vision monthly for this till feb).Ir from dipin sir only.
  4. Now i will complete the pt 365 new magzines(which cover till may)
  5. From may i will shift to epic(it is well organized).
Falcon,TristanHarris
4.6k views

hello all.

@Patrick_jane @Shree123 

@Raillife 

Hello this is my 3rd sfg.

So im in prelims loop for the past 5 to 6 months. 

So im only reading once the syllabus n writing the sfg1 test then reading my mistakes n doing sfg2 test n reading my mistakes.

Atlast glancing entire syllabus again.

Regarding discussion video's rightnow im not watching it.(i assume polity is my strong area).

In total im clocking 8 to 10hrs a day.

I can suggest that after test make ur performance sheet.

Start for tomorrows test asap,complete it by max 2 stretches. (5 to 6hrs)

Write the sfg1 or 2 test.make note of ur mistkes(1hr).

And read those mistakes from ur source.(1hr)

Then watch todays test video.(keep 1.5x speed so that u can complete it by 2hrs)

So total 9 to 10hrs.

Ps: this a generalized plan,everyone device their own plan based on ur way of learning. 

I learn through my mistkes so im revising subject through testing and learning. 

thanks man

But what is the use of giving sfg test(batch 1,2) i also enrolled in batch 2,instead of doing sfg old batch paper i am thinking to do insight test series according the sfg timteable

also any effective way to complete the video, Whether to make notes or not,do all the questions or the only wrong one ?

How to make the best of the video ?

Patrick_jane,
2.9k views
@Raillife i am a working proffessional and i dont even get that much time as i work in one of the essential services. 

After office .. i get 3-4 hrs .. i engage myself in reading the topic and scribbling fast the important points from the chapter then and there.. in rough page. This way it engages me fully, i am focussed on what i am doing and get hold of things faster. If i just keep on reading my mind wanders. 

Morning i get up around 4am .. do my chores till 4.30 and sit back to study finishing remaining topics, revise whats already read and attempt the test sharp @7am. Then during the day, as and when i get time in office i revise my test. My score for past 6 test ranged between 50-69M. But i have made it a point to not miss a test. Even if i score low i wont miss it. 

I do not get enough time to see the videos. I wish to make best use of my weekends. Thats it. 

wow !

hats of to you mam

I have a full day, yet I keep cribbing that my syllabus is not completed.

ssver2,Impavid_Girl
2.9k views

SFG Test #6 - Polity 

73.3M - 39C, 7W, 4U 

1. district and regional council courts

2. J&K reorg acts

3. NPR

5. pNEUMONIA - saans initiative

6. art 2 vs art 3

7. Globba Andersonii

Patrick_jane,
3.1k views

SFG Test #6 - Polity 

correct: 43

incorrect: 7

article 4 doesn't exempts all amendments

art 5: 5 years (not 1)

GST: three-fourth votes (not 2/3rd)

7th schedule (missed ""executive" ! )

Additional Customs (Countervailing) Duty subsumed under GST

Svanidhi (knew that central sector, changed option b/c banks lend)

Patrick_jane,
2.9k views

Haha! I was about to ask for some working prof to detail their routine and at the next moment I saw your post! Thank you.

I feel so exhausted because of office (more mental than physical exhaustion) that I have not yet given a test with preparation. But since it is polity week going on, I am trying to force myself more into this routine of daily tests. I have planned to start giving tests with prep next week onwards. After seeing ranklists here, I had almost concluded that maybe joining sfg along with a job was a bad idea after all. Thankfully I stumbled upon your post and somehow I am relieved (and of course motivated) now :D

How do you take out time for current affairs? Or you don’t touch them altogether & focus on the SFG syllabus purely? By current affairs I mean newspapers and monthly mags, if any. 

Patrick_jane,
2.8k views

Test 7

Correct: 46

Incorrect: 4

1. 243 ZS: applies by default; President directs: shallnotapply (ulta yaad tha) 

2. term of Constitutional bodies (CEC ka 5 yr b/c CIC ka 5 tha; sabka 6 hai) 

3. CVC ischairman (=member) of selection committee 

4. AG: pleasure (thought Art 76 explicitly doesn't mention; it does) 

Patrick_jane,
2.8k views

Falcon,
4.4k views
» show previous quotes

Haha! I was about to ask for some working prof to detail their routine and at the next moment I saw your post! Thank you.

I feel so exhausted because of office (more mental than physical exhaustion) that I have not yet given a test with preparation. But since it is polity week going on, I am trying to force myself more into this routine of daily tests. I have planned to start giving tests with prep next week onwards. After seeing ranklists here, I had almost concluded that maybe joining sfg along with a job was a bad idea after all. Thankfully I stumbled upon your post and somehow I am relieved (and of course motivated) now :D

How do you take out time for current affairs? Or you don’t touch them altogether & focus on the SFG syllabus purely? By current affairs I mean newspapers and monthly mags, if any. 

@GravityShades my humble request give the test daily. You have got time to study not study doesnt matter, give the test and try to attempt by whatever knowledge you jabe gained till now. Actually not giving test should feel like a miss. We always think that after reading i will attempt test but that never happens. (Speaking from my experience). The only thing which would make us stand out is our perseverence, we cant afford to loose time as we already do not have enough. 

Coming to second part, i just daily read important articles from newspaper (i dont make notes) and read monthly vision magazine. I want to keep my sources limited, so this is what i am following. 

Patrick_jane,Falcon
3k views

@GravityShades my humble request give the test daily. You have got time to study not study doesnt matter, give the test and try to attempt by whatever knowledge you jabe gained till now. Actually not giving test should feel like a miss. We always think that after reading i will attempt test but that never happens. (Speaking from my experience). The only thing which would make us stand out is our perseverence, we cant afford to loose time as we already do not have enough. 

Coming to second part, i just daily read important articles from newspaper (i dont make notes) and read monthly vision magazine. I want to keep my sources limited, so this is what i am following. 

You misunderstood me. I am taking tests daily, just without much preparation :D

Patrick_jane,Impavid_Girl
2.7k views

Test #7 - Polity

84M - 44C 6W 0U

1. NITI functions - (formulate mechanism to formulate credible village level plans - option given is different)

2. vertically tranmitted

3. DoPT has superintendence over CBI in residual matters

4. Delimitation COmmission Members

5. Whistle Blowers Protection against any public servant

6. Additional functions allocated to NCST 

7. NFRA

Patrick_jane,
2.9k views

SFG TEST 8:

Syllabus: Current Affairs - April 2020

Marks; 64 wrong:12, unattempted; 2 Correct: 36

7)Helicopter money given without any collateral,to place money in hands of public.

19)PMNRF and PMCARES- both only voluntary contributions,both not audited by CAG,both exceptions under FCRA.

20)PSClouds effect both arctic and Antarctic-NOT JUST ANTARCTIC,ozone hole bigger.

22)ICCR has nothing to do with music dance and drama-!!! CAUTION !!! Confusion due to name.

25)Earth Biogenome project—not INDIAN but INTERNATIONAL

27)Bodoland-Sixth schedule not fifth

29) District mineral foundation-Mandated through MMRDA,2015

30)Organisational structure of WTO

34)ADB not NDB for CARES project

36)Indian standards are there for radioactive residues and not specific radioactive materials.

39)Artemis – MOON mission

41)International comparision programme—World bank Indeed.

Patrick_jane,
2.9k views

Test #8

M86.67 - 45C 5W 

Helicopter Money= printing; (Qt. Easing = buy bonds)

Private sector: % infrastructural investment has not steadily increased (CG/SG fell: last 2/1 FY)

aren'tPSCsan Antarctica phenomenon that makes its hole >Artic's?

minute ur/thorium in coal/ 10 x fly ash

liability of informant: PDVA: no liability if she (may) gives info in good faith;  

Patrick_jane,AJ_
2.7k views

Falcon,Michael_Scofieldand1 otherslike this
5.1k views
Write your comment…