Q. Consider the following statements regarding Graphene:
1. Graphene oxide can be used to increase the shelf-life of perishable commodities like fruits.
2. It is world’s thinnest and most conductive material.
Which of the above statements is/are correct?
Both statements are correct
Indian Scientists have developed a composite paper made of carbon (graphene oxide) loaded with preservatives that can be used as wrappers to help extend shelf life of fruits.
- Graphene is a single layer (monolayer) of carbon atoms arranged in a honeycomb-like pattern.
- Graphene is considered to be the world’s thinnest, strongest and most conductive material – of both electricity and heat.
- Uses: It can be used in applications ranging from miniaturised electronics to biomedical devices like computers, solar panels, batteries, sensors and other devices.