Q. Consider the following statements regarding Project Bamboo Oasis on Lands in Drought (BOLD)
1. It seeks to create bamboo-based green patches in arid and semi-arid land zones of the country
2. It is the initiative of National Bamboo Mission
Which of the above statements is/are incorrect?
Recently, In the first of its kind efforts to develop green cover in the Indian deserts of Rajasthan, Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) on Tuesday planted 1000 bamboo saplings at Tanot village in Jaisalmer, in collaboration with the Border Security Force (BSF).
- Khadi and Village Industries Commission(KVIC) has launched a project named Bamboo Oasis on Lands in Drought(BOLD)
- Project BOLD seeks to create bamboo-based green patches in arid and semi-arid land zones of the country. It aims at reducing land degradation and preventing desertification in the country.
- As part of the project, 5000 saplings of bamboo species – Bambusa Tulda and Bambusa Polymorpha specially brought from Assam – have been planted over 16 acres of vacant arid Gram Panchayat land in Rajasthan.