Q. Which of the following species is/are found in National Chambal Sanctuary?
2. Fresh water river dolphins
3. Smooth-coated otters
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
The National Chambal Sanctuary, that stretches over the Chambal River (that spreads to Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan).
· The sanctuary was granted Protected Area Status in 1979, to revive the gharial population that was once subject to rampant poaching.
· This river is home to freshwater river dolphins.
· The river is home to a variety of birds as well, including sandpipers and egrets and bar-headed geese.
· The red-naped ibis and Ruddy shelduck, as well as painted storks that added a dash of colour to the stark landscape.
· The famed gharials, crocodiles and the critically endangered red-crowned roofed turtles.
· The smooth-coated otters reside in Chambal Sanctuary
Source: The Hindu