What is the News?
The Prime Minister has launched the SAFAL assessment framework and Vidya Pravesh Scheme on the first anniversary of National Education Policy(NEP) 2020.
- SAFAL stands for Structured Assessment For Analysing Learning.
- Purpose: It is a competency-based assessment for grades 3, 5 and 8 introduced by the Central Board of Secondary Education(CBSE).
- SAFAL will be used to assess the progress of foundational skills and basic learning outcomes among students.
Benefits of SAFAL:
- SAFAL, as a diagnostic assessment tool, will provide developmental feedback to schools and teachers to improve teaching-learning without additional examination pressure on students.
- It has also been designed to help students, parents, and teachers to track learning progress throughout the school years and not just in Grades 10 and 12.
About Vidya Pravesh scheme:
- Vidya Pravesh is a preschool preparation programme for young children.
- It will prepare young students for school and help them learn basics like numbers, colours and alphabets.