Q. “Multiphase Programmatic Approach” is an approach to achieve development objectives in stages is related to which of the following?
Multiphase Programmatic Approach (MPA) of World Bank allows countries the flexibility to implement an approach to achieve development objectives in stages when:
- the development challenge is complex;
- it would take a longer time to achieve the objectives;
- it would take a longer time to prepare one large project;
- the solution needs a broader and comprehensive approach;
- when a stop-and-go approach is not feasible.
Projects under an MPA program may be financed by Investment Project Financing; or Program-for-Results financing, or their combination.