As promised, we begin with Civil Services 2017 Preparation. And the key to preparing for Civil Services Examination 2017 will be based on following things:
- Reading Current Affairs on a daily basis
- Writing Answers Based on Current Events
- Covering the GS Mains Syllabus holistically to some extent before Prelims
- Attempting Daily Current Affairs Questions
Find all Mains Marathon Questions at the bottom/end of this page. We only need consistency from you 🙂
Kindly review each others answers, so that everyone improves
Reading Current Affairs on a daily basis
We already have two initiatives for covering Current Affairs on a daily basis:
- Must Read Articles from Newspaper – Published every morning by 9 AM – to get a glimpse of articles relevant for UPSC
- The 9 PM Brief – The Only Current Affairs Digest You Ever Need – published at 9 PM
The Mains Marathon – Your Answer to Daily Answer Writing Practise that does not compromise on your existing preparation
The big problem we all are facing, that there are simply too many questions – a lot of them meaningless – around the Internet. You can either do those questions, or clear the Civil Services – but not both. At least that is what you said in the Survey.
And you wanted these things from us
- Limited Number of Questions that can be actually done.
- Some feedback on answers.
- Mains Marathon Suggested Answers.
- Plan for covering the static part – for those who want to do Self Study
We have tried to address some or all of these through our FREE initiatives. We also have a paid MGP Plan with Top Mentors and email and telephonic support, but we can only have a limited number of people join that, as we are small and cannot take up many people as of now.
Daily Questions on Mains Marathon
We will be posting Daily Questions for Mains Marathon in the first half of the day. About the questions:
- They will be limited to 3 to 4 questions on a daily basis
- You are expected to spend not more than 10 minutes on each question – in essence limiting your answer writing time to between 30-40 minutes
- Links will be provided – which should be read and digested in another 30 -40 minutes. In essence, the exercise, even when done at a slow pace, should help you do a meaningful Answer Writing Practice in between 1 hour to 90 Minutes, but never more than that.
- We will try to keep all questions meaningful and relevant to the examination
- The questions posted on MM 2017 will cover the current affairs part of GS Paper 3, 2, 1 and anything that is relevant for GS – 4 too.
Do visit the Free Downloads Section from time to time.
- We will be offering a general feedback for the questions and will point out any errors that you may be making in your answers.
- The feedback for your answers will be provided by 11 PM everyday. Please post clear pictures of your answers for that.
Kindly review each others answers, so that everyone improves.
- We will come up with one Essay Topic Every week for Essay. This will be released on Saturday
- General Feedback on Essay will be provided by Wednesday. Peer review should also happen.
Prizes for Participation ( NEW! )
- Every week, we will announce the two top contributors 🙂 ( Yay! )
- Each Top Contributor will be gifted ONE Answer Writing Notebook by ForumIAS – via post
Summing up the Plan
- Monday – Friday : Upto 4 Questions on Mains Marathon – Current Events
- Saturday : Weekly Essay – One Topic
How to get updated when questions are posted?
- You must be subscribed to this blog via wordpress. Click here to subscribe to this blog.
Review each others answers, so that everyone improves.
Find all Mains Marathon Questions below:
- UPSC Current Affairs Questions and Answer Writing – Mains Marathon – March 23
- Mains Marathon – UPSC Mains Current Affairs Questions – March 22
- Mains Marathon – UPSC Mains Current Affairs Questions – March 21
- Mains Marathon – UPSC Mains Current Affairs Questions – March 20
- Answered: Mains Marathon – UPSC Mains Current Affairs Questions – Feb 22
- Answered: Mains Marathon – UPSC Mains Current Affairs Questions – Mar 15
- Mains Marathon: Essay Test – March 17
- Answered: Mains Marathon – UPSC Mains Current Affairs Questions – Feb 21
- Answered: Mains Marathon – UPSC Mains Current Affairs Questions – Feb 20
- Mains Marathon – UPSC Mains Current Affairs Questions – March 17